Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STARLINE 2500
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: STARLINE 2500 Reply with quote

Our new joint venture deal with Mongoose includes a provision that they are going to replace (over a period of a couple of years) every existing Starline 2400 ship with a new computer-generated design. (We call this Starline 2500, but they plan to market it under another brand yet to be selected.) The first ships will appear in late 2011, and ships will then follow every month or two. This will include some entirely new ships. It may also, from time to time, including special limited-production (minor variant) ships available only for a short time, or as part of special offers.
This is truly exciting news. New production ships will be fancier, and those in the vocal and vociferous minority who constantly complained that our ships were "not good enough for the modern market" will get his wish. Everyone who has an extensive collection can keep it, or perhaps slowly replace it with new designs. (The existing 2400 line could be used for Early Years if you want, or the new 2500 designs could be used for X-ships.)

These ships will be done in resin using 1-3125 scale.

Last edited by Jean on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is if we will be able to buy these from the ABD storefront or will have to shop at another site to get these?

Last edited by leathernsteel on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. There was some coding the Forum hated.

You should be able to buy them from ADB, Inc.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

There goes my retirement nest egg.
Very Happy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy from our store or theirs and both companies get the same amount of money either way. (Most of the contract involves how to count the money!)
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't believe how ABD is evolving so quickly since I've signed up here!
everything from the new 2500 series to the Starfeet Marines! I used to have a decent collection of SFB modules and rulebooks about eight years ago, but I lost all of it in a move Mad I thought that ABD had gone out of business because of the crummy gaming store (which shall remain unnamed) around here. Recently I was remembering back to the amazing fiction and rich setting of the Starfleet Universe and started doing some digging online which led me to this site. I was pleasantly surprised to see ABD still up and running! Not only that, they had "fixed" everything about the game that I didn't like about it! It was as if SVC had done a Vulcan mind meld on me and had perfected the game to my liking. Very Happy I can't thank you guys enough, please continue the good work. You are making a positive difference in the world! Very Happy I will continue to promo the games that you make that I play!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongoose says this morning that they are rethinking their original decision to not do decals.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting news. I hope Adam Turner is involved in designing the new sculpts!
iams
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gonna be awesome! I just hope they don't drop the minis like the B5 line. I saw the 3D model pic on facebook and it looks awesome!!!

Check out my Photobucket for SFB/Fed Comm and Trek Props!

http://s111.photobucket.com/home/Admiralkisluk/index
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JonPerry
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this mean for the 2400 line?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rough outline of the plan for 2400 is to take them to mail order only and see what happens. If people keep buying them, we'll keep doing them, and do new ones. If people stop buying them, we'll stop making them.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I have painful memories of Mongoose's abrupt termination of miniature support for both Babylon 5 and Star Ship Troopers.

Even if the new SL2500 minis are a success (and I'll certainly be buying some)...please keep the SL2400 moulds and masters. Just in case.
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Mongoose says this morning that they are rethinking their original decision to not do decals.

I think someone out there just might be of assistance in the area.

I am so glad to see a major step in this area. Resin cast minis 3do prototyped will be a major improvement to the line, fixing the issues had by many. I am sure this will be seen in ADB bottom line. My disappointment of the smaller scale will be offset by the better quality.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iams wrote:
This is gonna be awesome! I just hope they don't drop the minis like the B5 line. I saw the 3D model pic on facebook and it looks awesome!!!

I don't think that was Mongoose's fault. That license was jerked from many licensees by the copyright holders without much loyalty. AEG was killed by this, when after releasing a huge new set of books and making a great RPG version under the Spycraft 2 rules set, it got yanked.

All B5's production comapany cared about was a quick buck rather than a quality product and loyalty to the game's consumers.

Last edited by ericphillips on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I have read indicates that the license was withdrawn from Mongoose (standard practice these days for any sort of license from a media entity that wants to re-auction it off). Mongoose was forced to stop producing minis then. Our license doesn't expire so that should not be an issue.

Very Happy Both Mongoose and ADB want this to be successful, so we'll both work to make it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: