Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just found a trove of micromachines..had to share the glee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Just found a trove of micromachines..had to share the glee Reply with quote

I wandered into a antique mall yesterday (consignment shop), and what do I spy in a box full of Transformers junk but a bag FILLED with Star Trek Micro Machines. Must be like 50 of them in there between the Trek and Star Wars)

Anyway, the entire box was for sale as a lot for $25, so I nabbed it. Got some very nice microminis on the cheap (though now have a big box of weird Transformers/erector-set like stuff which I have no idea what to do with lol)

Also wound up up with some Star Wars micro minis (my daughter wants to make earrings out of the Millennium Falcons lol)

So anyway wound up with;

1 x DY-500
1 x D7-class Klingon CA
1 x K't'inga-class Klingon Cruiser
2 x Vor'Cha-class Klingon cruisers
2 x Federation Constitution-class CAs
1 X Federation Enterprise-class CA
2 x Romulan Warbirds (early years)
2 x Federation Excelsior-class BB
2 x Borg Cubes
2 x Romulan Warbirds (D'deridex class)
1 x Unknown Romulan ship (resembles the D'deridex class but is brown instead of green and slightly smaller..anyone know what this thing is?)
1 x Klingon Bird of Prey
1 x Cardassian Galor-class CA
1 x Ferengi marauder
1 x K7 base Station
1 x DS-9 station
1 x Federation Reliant-class cruiser
1 x Federation Oberth-class science vessel
1 x Federation Galaxy-class CA
3 x types of Fed shuttles (early, middle, and late variants)
1 x Vulcan shuttle
Darkwing
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice haul, my friend. I have several of those and they work nicely as minis for the game, too. That DY has been a small freighter more than once. The Warbird is much too large to be that in the game, but we have used it as an early years DN. Also, with the new minis coming out, the D7 may be closer to correct size.

Congrats on the take!

Tice Leonard, U.S.S. Lexington & IKV Annihilation
Jack Bohn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
If I remember correctly, the Micro Machine Warbird is to the Starline Warbird as that one is to the Starline Snipe. Speed Vulture experimental Fast Dreadnought, anyone?

As to the unknown Romulan, could it be the Next Generation science ship that appeared in "The Defector"? It had its recognizable bird head changed to appear in "The Pegasus", then was painted brown and flown backwards in some VOYAGER episode. I remember a few Voyager packs were made; maybe it appeared in one of those.
trynda1701
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The science vessel identification is probably correct. As for the color, I know that there was an issue of quite a few of the Micromachines that were in that brown (almost bronze) look.

The K'tinga one has me puzzled, didn't Micromachines only do the D7 from the classic series?

But a cool find never the less! Cool Cool Cool Cool I never turn up the chance of cheap ST minis, even in job lots of stuff that you could pass on to others! Very Happy

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I found out about that oddball Romulan ship...it turns out its NOT a Micro Machine at all....its a toy that came out of a box of Nabisco Shreddies cereal circa 1992 while they were doing some Trek promo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: