Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A day late and a dollar short...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: A day late and a dollar short... Reply with quote

Well I made my first set of SFU minis... just in time for the announcement that they're obsolete. I really like lead, though... even if it isn't 80's lead.

Now that I'm set up to do these... and now that I've been all the way through the process... doing more is no big deal.... Even if I only get one set of minis completed each year, I will have plenty of ships in time for when my son is old enough to play.

My son likes Andromedans the best... and he also wants to be the Tholians. He especially likes Border Box #2 for some reason. I like the Romulan carrier set... and I'd like to have enough Romulan ships to match the cover of Romulan Armada. (My son would rather have a fleet to fight against that do that, though.)

Anyways... this is the thread for you to confirm my decision to probably stay with the 2400 line for now.

Wait... my son says he likes Tholians the best because he wants to trap ships with web. Did the Romulans fight the Tholians much "historically"? I'd really like to get my hands on a Tholian Dreadnought...!

Oh yeah... a friend of mine made a Fed CA for me. That can fight against the KR and the WE until Christmas comes around again and I can get the Tholian fleet pack.... Can't wait...!

Having real minis to play with is NICE. I even have minis for some ships that I don't even have counters for!!
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
just in time for the announcement that they're obsolete

I would put odds on Magic Cards being gone before Starline Minis are --
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, Mini's never go "obsolete". The latest line may change a few things aesthetically, but the basic form isn't changing. Besides, When my group play SFB with mini's, we don't use hex maps and the scale used is no were close to the scale of the minis. Very Happy

One more thing, SVC mentioned several times over on the DiscussBBS that Starline2400 will be around as long as people continue to buy them.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Romulans border the Tholians. I believe that 'historically' in SFB after one or two painful defeats the Romulans at first largely left the Tholians alone. However, as things turned against the Coalition during the later stages of the General War, the Romulans ran clandestine convoys through Tholian space to the Klingons. This was a *very* risky business.

However...

This is Federation Commander! History is less important than in SFB, so if you want to do a Romulan invasion of the Holdfast...go ahead!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: