Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Names of races?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
Didn't all of this come from some mysterious air force tapes in the first place? Who knows what the intentions of the prankster who recorded those tapes were?

Oh, wait... NO! I've said too much...

Pinecone, that little blurb at the beginning of the Captain's Editions Basic Rules from SFB, really bothered me for a while many years back! The rules and "history" was so well written, it had me scratching my head for a while. Even now when I've had one too many, I get to thinking about that. Laughing
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its what also appears in the forward of the Franz Joseph Star Fleet Technical manual which was the basis for the SFU. There is even more written there on where this info came from Very Happy

The foreward has a United States Military Forces letterhead from the General Staff in Washington D.C. dated 1973 and indicates the materials was found in a data dump from a SAC computer in Omaha, NE in 1970.

The 1st edition of the ST Technical Manual is 1975. Its a neat book and you can clearly see where the SFU evolved from. Especially the empire maps and the Federation ships
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: