Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Players wanted Coolstuff Games Winter Park,FL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
computerarif
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Players wanted Coolstuff Games Winter Park,FL Reply with quote

Me and a few friends are starting to play at coolstuff on wedensday from 3 till whenever. They got some great prices on Fed Com stuff and wedenday is there board game night too. Ask for Ally.

CoolStuffInc.com 3592 Aloma Ave. Suite 6 Winter Park, FL 32792. 407-657-3882
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Winter Park, I may just have to pop in on a Wed!
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a match with 3 fed destroyers split up between me and an experienced player against computerarif controlling a couple of ISC light cruisers. We got our butts kicked! computerarif is a master of the saber dance tactic. It was very fun though, there were several people in that store that came up with wonderment asking, "what game is that!?", as we were using starline 2400 minis and an awesome space map. Next time I'll bring along the drummer of my band. Good times to be sure! Very Happy
hsparra
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to also drop by, hopefully next Wednesday. I probably will not be able to make it by 3 but I want to meet everyone.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games at "Coolstuff Games" have been going very well! We have had some epic level Federation Commander games there! I have not only enjoyed the games we've played but speaking with passers by about how amazing the SFU is! So far, computerarif is undefeated. I don't believe that man is beatable! God help you all if he ever shows up at a tournament! This gaming group is growing though and one day, it will be a force to be reckoned with at Origins!
computerarif
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but am not that good. Just lucky. But really I do enjoy playing fed com at coolstuff as well other games. Anyone that can make it please do I am there till they kick me out which is around midnight.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hsparra is a formidable opponent! He has many years of SFB experience to add to his tactics as well as an excellent knowledge of the use and proper application of the rules. I was not able to defeat him in a one on one frigate duel.
hsparra
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leathernsteel is generous in his description of my skill. Given enough time he would have most likely won. I definitely had my share of doh moments. My weapons offer will have some extended time in the agony booth to contemplate better targeting techniques. Who knew disruptors were so inaccurate.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Federation Commander games are going strong on Wed. nights down at Coolstuff games!

This evening I was commanding a Tholian Patrol Corvette (squadrin scale) against a Klingon D6 (fleet scale) commanded by hsparra. It was a brutal slugfest with lots of clever maneuvering on both sides! In the end, the Tholians were able to "encourage" the Klingons to leave their space. I feel that the Klingons were at a serious disadvantage in this match up being as how they didn't have as much shielding. In this particular case, I don't think the ships point values were that accurate. I was amazed at the brilliant deployment of drones displayed by hsparra! It was only a few lucky die rolls that won the day for the Tholians.

Some of us there began discussing the formation of the Orlando Battle Group! If things keep going the way they are, it will no doubt, soon become a reality! Smile When we run our games, there are always folks coming up to us wanting to know more about Fed Com or the SFU in general. This just keeps getting better! If any of you live in this area, do not hesitate to just show up and join us! All are welcome!
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. Very awesome that folks are seeing the game being played and asking about it. If you haven't already done so, you should have a few printed copies of the free First Missions demo game to give away to interested parties:

http://www.federationcommander.com/FCFirstMissions.pdf

I've found it's a great training tool for new players.

Garrett
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the tip, gar1138, that is a fantastic idea! If you give folks freebies, that will cause them to want to return and game with us.

Also, this forum has been a most excellent tool in the formation of our group. We are currently using it to coordinate and attract new players.
phul
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still going on? I live over in Tampa, but I might make a trip of it. Been awhile since I've had a game.

Also:
How's the store? Not much in the way of quality tabletop game stores this way, that I've been able to find.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games are still going strong down at Coolstuff. Send a pm over before you head out though to ensure that we'll be there. Coolstuff has a decent selection of Fed Com stuff, no SFB stuff or any mini's so far. It's kind of a weird set up though because technically they are an online store. They don't have any fed com items on display. They have computers set up where you can buy the items and then they'll go retrieve them from the storage room. They do have a bunch of tables set up which we use to play fed com wed. nights. You're more than welcome to come join us.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I hear otherwise, The Orlando gaming group is going on hiatus for a few weeks due to the holidays. If any new people are still interested in playing during this time, PM me and I can still arrange to come out and play Fed Com with you in the meantime. This is a fantastic gaming group and it is my wish that as many as possible get to play Fed Com with us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: