Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eagerly awaiting CL#10-18 on e23 :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krukeshank
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Eagerly awaiting CL#10-18 on e23 :) Reply with quote

Picked up CL#1-9 PDFs on e23 and CL#19-43 originals via internet retailer recently...I just need to fill in that 10-18 niche. Not that I'll be finished reading through 19-43 anytime soon....ah, Captain's Log nirvana. Very Happy
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be getting back on target soon. We had to take a break to get things ready for Origins and now we're trying to get those same things ready in quantity for the distributors and mail orders. Smile

We're a small company so we wear a lot of hats and have to balance them carefully!
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
We're a small company so we wear a lot of hats and have to balance them carefully!

But, like members of the Adjustment Bureau - it's amazing the things they can do when wearing those hats! Laughing
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember that E23 did not accept any new uploads for the last week. SJG has scheduled "everybody goes on vacation" periods and this was one of them.
ssgbryan
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded 1 - 10 & was wondering, if they are PDFed, why not also OCR & bookmark them? It would make them much more useful.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssgbryan, we simply don't have the manpower to do that. These old Captain's Logs only exist as JPEGs, not as text. We don't have OCR software and even if we had, converting them would require someone to check the new product and verify that the text was correctly recognized. As for bookmarks, again, for the price charged, that is something left to the individual.

Smile Please do remember that we are a small company and as such we try to focus on getting out new things as well as making older books available through e23.
ssgbryan
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
ssgbryan, we simply don't have the manpower to do that. These old Captain's Logs only exist as JPEGs, not as text. We don't have OCR software and even if we had, converting them would require someone to check the new product and verify that the text was correctly recognized. As for bookmarks, again, for the price charged, that is something left to the individual.

Smile Please do remember that we are a small company and as such we try to focus on getting out new things as well as making older books available through e23.

Would you like me to do them for you? I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, and I have OCRed the first 10. I have bookmarked 4 so far & I'll probably be done with them by the end of this weekend.

Makes them easier to use on my iPad Very Happy
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the offer, but our response thus far to similar offers has been (regretfully) no. We'd still need to do the work to check the text for accuracy.

However, you could email SVC and Leanna and see what they say. With these products being what they are and unlikely to ever be changed, the answer could be different. (The other offers were made for rulebooks, and those get updated too frequently to be handled out of house.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: