Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boneguard
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Quick question Reply with quote

Looking at the Commander circle newsletter I saw that Pd Tholian (and seltorians) was in development...which is great, I'm reallyl ooking forward to it.

Seeing this I went to the PD page (future product) to see what was in the future for the system and noticed someting: Nothing is planned for the Hydran and the Gorn. I know the Hydran is in Module Prime Alpha so it's not so bad though.

So my question is: Is there really nothing planned for them, or will we eventually see -as for all the other Faction/Races- a Hydran and a Gorn supplement later on and the website is simple not updated?

Last edited by boneguard on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all depends on outside writers.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD Tholians is NOT "in production" which would mean pages are coming out of our print engines. It is "in development" which means that Loren Knight has written parts of it but not all of it.

We certainly do have plans to do a Gorn book (including the skoleans) and we already DID the Hydrans years ago in Module Prime Alpha.
boneguard
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I meant development, got my verb confused for typing too quickly.

I knew for the Hydran -since I have the Module Prime Alpha- so I wasn't really expecting anything new from them...but I checked just to make sure.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I just have to be careful since six months from now someone will send me an email quoting YOU and asking why a product that has been in production for six months has never been released.
adm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any idea of when the Hydrans might be released for other systems, or updated to GPD 4th ED stats for that mater?
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea. Rumor has it that Slirdarians regard Hydrans as portable A/C units ... but that isn't enough yet for a book. It is something I want to look at when I get to Amarillo.
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any official ADB illustrations of the Hydrans physical body appearance out there? The Federation Command video game illustrations didn't do it for me, much like their crappy ship designs.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try the Hydran page in the "About the Universe" section of the website...
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, you are "the man" scoutdad, I do not know what we'd do without you! Thank you for the link!
boneguard
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adm wrote:
Do you have any idea of when the Hydrans might be released for other systems, or updated to GPD 4th ED stats for that mater?

Here, I agree with Steve Cole when he said that Hydra have already been done...the GURPS 4th Ed is not (really) required.

Module Prime Alpha has no stats per say...aside from the ships (and I assume all ship will be updated together is a future supplement). It's mostly history, background and racial info and ship description.

Suprisingly because of that, Module Prime Alpha could be used by PD d20(M) as well as the future PD Travellers as is, since it's just statless info and we already have the Hydran stas (as well as the hellbore stats) in the core book.

So, update wise, I would put it at the bottom of the list and focus on the other product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: