Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISC War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: ISC War Reply with quote

Ten years ago, the ISC brought me in to the Star Fleet Universe; their presence in Starfleet Command 2: Empires at War inspired me to learn more, and my first copy of Captain's Log had a preview of the Concordium for Federation and Empire.

Today, things have come full circle.

The rulebook is only 54 pages' long; most of the thickness is due to the six countersheets included (five identical sheets with the actual ships, and a sixth with various support counters), with room spare for all sorts of play aids and so forth.

But it's what this product sets in stone for future modules that is perhaps the biggest change it makes. Now that the ISC are fully in, not only can they take their place as the casques bleues of the Alpha Octant; they can help lay the ground work for the civil wars of the post-General War era, and for the Andromedan War to follow. Still, it's kind of odd how such a long wait can be over, and yet one can still be so quick to look forward.

Hopefully, there will be plenty of players gearing up to make the most of what the Inter-Stellar Concordium's arrival on the strategic scene has to offer!
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya, Nerroth, I too am glad that the ISC has been focused on. But for different reasons than perhaps you. I want to blow them up using whatever ships I can command! The SFU is a wonderful thing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: