Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facebook and Social Media - Do they Count as "Forums&qu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander Ambassadors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Facebook and Social Media - Do they Count as "Forums&qu Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

For the purposes of becoming an FC Ambassador, do Facebook Groups (for example, national and local Star Trek and Boardgaming Clubs), Yahoo Groups and similar Groups in other social media count as "Forums" as per your guidelines ?

Also, could promotion of other SFU games, particularly Prime Directive and the upcoming Starfleet Marines, also be included in the tasking of Ambassadors ?

Many thanks !

Gary
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

In some ways, the social media are a sticky ground.

On Facebook there are many types of groups out there.

There are local stores/clubs and to be effective, you must be part of that group. That may count more as a battle group or a Ranger with doing demos.

There are the ones that focus on a game. If I know about them, I try to post relevant releases on the major pages. I cannot go out and hit each and every one of those.

If someone adds me to a group, I may well lurk for a while. Depending on how active it is and how accurate the information getting out is, I may continue to lurk or post.

Then there are the ones that are ST in nature. Those I tend to leave alone.

Reaching out to others is always good. However, to get ambassador status, it needs to be to a significant number of "others" who would be interested in our games. For example, working on the F&E at Origins FB page probably wouldn't count because you are preaching to the choir. However, being a knowledgeable person reaching out to a d20M group that plays SF and getting some interest might well qualify.

It also takes a special person to be able to do this. The person has to have a good feel for when his presence/news isn't welcome and for what is interesting to the group.

It's still a fuzzy area. You may do better to email me and SVC with your ideas.

Jean
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jean,

Thanks ! Will send you guys an email soon on what I had in mind. But the Ranger option also looks attractive !

So, would it be possible to be an SFU Ranger for PBEM, Play by Forum or Online Games ?

Thanks !

Gary
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers do in-person demos, not on-line stuff in forums.
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Steve and Friends,

Understood ! I am planning a series of demonstration games for the Philippines in 2013 - PD: Traveller, FC, SFU Starmada and Starfleet Marines. I will be working with the "Philboardgamers" group on this, our leading tabletop boardgame organization. I still need to find a FLGS in Manila to host them, and to serve as the point of sales.

Cheers,

Gary
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very cool, if I lived in that part of the world, I would attend for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander Ambassadors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: