Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ships list for REINFORCEMENTS ATTACK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carthaginian
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savedfromwhat wrote:
I am trying to understand why everyone wants the vulture so badly. Anyone want to explain that one.

A warp-refitted Vulture is something I have liked in SFB, have experimented with in FedCom, and adored in SFC. They are a lot like an old Brooke rifle- simple, ugly, slow-firing, but pack quite a punch. The ability to volley fire the Plas-R is just too appealing- especially in set-piece battles like starbase assaults.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savedfromwhat wrote:
I am trying to understand why everyone wants the vulture so badly. Anyone want to explain that one.

Two main reasons:
1) Some people really, really love the old Eagles. The Vulture is the one missing ship in the main line of Eagles.
2) It has two Pl-R. It would be the only such ship in the game (with only the Gorn DNT having the potential to join it). To make that even sweeter, it also has a (comparatively) low point value. It is a beast with a decent buy value.

To be blunt, the Vulture is easily in the Romulan top two.

Savedfromwhat wrote:
Also Jeff, you have three races with three ships maybe try spreading those out so everyone gets two.

Because some of the second ships are just not worth as much as someone else's third ship. Which ship fits into which category is, of course, completely subjective. However, some empires are already fairly complete (e.g. Orion, Federation). As such, they can forfeit their second ship so someone else's more worthy third ship can get in.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3) It is an essential component to the only decent tournament build for plasma (1 VUL, 2xKE)
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:

2) It has two Pl-R. It would be the only such ship in the game (with only the Gorn DNT having the potential to join it).

Obvioulsy you don't class the gorn and rom battleships as ships in this game then ?
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: ships lists for reinforcements attack Reply with quote

storyelf: Can you get either Romulan or Gorn BB for the price of a Vulture ?
The Vulture rounds out the "Eagle" fleet by giving it a DN which the "Kestral and "Hawk" fleets already have (K9R & Condor). Besides i happen to love the old Eagle series ships.
I made my suggetions based off of what i see as the needs of these fleets. As i wrote in my post i would like to see most of these ships made.
I do need to make 1 change to my list though. The Gorn DNT instead of the un-refitted DD which if i remember correctly is in Briefing #2.
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournament "holes" for some races.

1. Klingon. There is a "best fleet" for them. C7, D5W, F5W. What the Klingons most need to change that equation is something good in the 160 range (to combine with a D7C and D7) and/or something in the 80 range that does not suck. I don't think the later exists at all for the Klinks, so I think if you want to see some greater variation in Klingon fleets, you need to find something that can compliment the D7C/D7.

2. Rom. It needs something at 170 points. I can't imagine what that would be. Wink

3. Gorn. Best option for it would be something decent at 140 points. This would allow it to bring in 2xBC and the new ship. Better yet, would be something in the mid 130s, so it could bring a CC, BC and the new ship, but either will do. The gorns also have an annoying problem, tournament wise, in that they have many ships that are 161. That extra point usually means that none of those ships are available, even though they are not meaningfully different from the BC. I think we all know that neither Fed Com nor SFB can discriminate a difference between two ships that differ by 1 BVP, but that is a different discussion.

4. ISC. Several point ranges are needed here for variety. Right now, no ISC fleet is good. It needs something in the 130 range that carries heavy torps. I don't actually know that any such thing exists, but that is what it needs.

5. Andro. I don't think any such ships exists, but they either need a good ship at 106 points or a weaker ship at 53.

To me, that is it, with the note that I have paid no attention to several empires, such as the Selts and Frax.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't keep beating a dead horse then. Still would be nice to see a cruiser that can take a Torpedo hit and not lose half its firepower for the Kestrals.

Vulture is fun, I thought it was a bit munchkinish TBH.
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: ships list for reinforcements attack Reply with quote

I do not think your beating a dead horse. Your just asking for what you want. Nothing wrong with that. I do agree though that the Gorn have a big problem where tourny's are concerned.
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the old "Eagle" series ships for the Romulans as well and the Vulture is pretty dang cool IMO.

Also, due to a really bad descision in the 60s, the Romulans ended up with Klingon ships and it has been messed up ever since.

Don't get me wrong, the Kestrels are cool, but IMHO I wish the Romulans were never "using Klingon design" and the D6/D7 hull was Klingon only.

Make each empire unique, but whats done is done.

At least when I'm asked to play a Romulan, I have the Kestrels to make it less painful. ;P
duxvolantis
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savedfromwhat wrote:

2 Plasma R
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since the galaxy is rightfully ours your ship designs belong to us anyway. We totally would have thought of them first, we were just busy washing our ears.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:
mjwest wrote:

2) It has two Pl-R. It would be the only such ship in the game (with only the Gorn DNT having the potential to join it).

Obvioulsy you don't class the gorn and rom battleships as ships in this game then ?

I don't consider them for such things, no. They are supposed to be uber-ships that are so far above everything that they just crush opponents out of hand. As such, I don't care what their armaments are, nor, quite frankly, do I remember without pulling out the ship cards. So, no, they have no bearing on the intent of my statement.

Though I guess I should have stated the Vulture would be the only relevant such ship in the game.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am clearly not the expert, but I would like to have a Vulture ship card in my collection (as well as the mini, which I know is already out there).
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again my concern is for the KDR being a viable light cruiser in a duel. Against a Fed CA a KR just gets hammered because it loses its Plasmas way to quickly. Honestly the KDR isn't a lot better but it has the Plasma D padding that will allow it to step up and be useful in that engagement.

The K7 is a 'must have ship' for me but it is not as 'needed' in my opinion as the KDR Sad So If I only had the Choice of one Kestral it would be the KDR over the K7...Sniffle. But I am only buying one copy Razz
leathernsteel
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savedfromwhat wrote:
The K7 is a 'must have ship' for me but it is not as 'needed' in my opinion as the KDR Sad So If I only had the Choice of one Kestral it would be the KDR over the K7...Sniffle.
Well if we keep ADB in business, I don't see why eventually we all can't have both of those ships! Get yourself some mini's and get out there and run some games in public, folks'l come out of the woodwork wanting to try it out. I'm speaking from experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: