Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation CC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Federation CC Reply with quote

SVC wrote: The plan was to some day do something that could be the CC and something else that could be the CB. I am really not sure which Matthew intended Sandrine to create, but I for one think that this could be the CC. (If rejected, minor tweeks will turn it into a CB). I do not think that there is "enough more mass" to cause issues with the SSD and both ADB and Mongoose really WANT a unique specific CC that is different enough to be worth doing.

++

side

front

detail 1

detail 2

below

above front

above rear

Enjoy!
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like!
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking this as a possible CB model with the extra stuff in the back being the C-Warp engine (or have I lost my mind, CB has a 2 box C-Warp, right?).

I can understand Mongoose trying to get different models out for the CC because that's more for us to buy, but would that mean a separate D7C and such? Could get silly if they want to do too many variants... But that's just my opinion, so take it for what it is...

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to do a separate CC then the minimal addtional details are fine with me and it does look nice for variety. I am sure I will buy at least one.

I could rationalize that some of the systems internal to the saucer (labs, APRs, etc) were moved above the impulse engine to make room for the flag bridge complex deep inside the saucer.

It could also represent a later era CA/CC (still prior to X-ships); perhaps it has the same combat capabilities but the layout/systems were reorganized for improved operational efficiency, greater long term reliability, optimized manufacturing costs, new subcontractors providing different designs for subcomponents (e.g. engine struts) that meet the same requirements, etc.

Also, I really hope decals will be available. The main reason is that my personal standards of quality greatly exceed my painting capabilities for letters, numbers, stripes, etc.

Again I would like to mention that the more significant deck house on the original CC iteration could be potentially used for the Galactic Survey Cruiser to represent the additional labs and cargo. Cargo especially because you could then load/unload the cargo bays by external doors without having to use transporters.
Darkwing
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not a fan of the original new Lexington images, but I do like the way they have refined the ideas here (the toned down changes to the rear quarter of the saucer) and I do like the changes to the warp engine struts (for this sub-class of ship). Overall, I love the level of detail. I probably would have skipped the original rendering of this ship (or else bought one or two as X-ships), but a few of these will find their way to my gaming table come Christmas time.

Tice Leonard, U.S.S. Lexington & IKV Annihilation
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this as a CB. Enough variation to be something of the late war era. The raised rear of saucer kinda reminds me of the rear of the NCL. The slightly swept forward warp pylons are also cool and getting towards the X-era.

Could the neck be strengthened or thickened to represent part of the added center warp?

If it is a CB, would the extra FH phasers be mounted on top or on bottom like the BC?

And obviously, the FH phasers need to be moved like on the existing CC.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
semperatis
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I like this rendition of the CC/CB,very nice indeed. The rear deckhouse is sufficiently different,that you can now tell a CC from a CA,and it will work very well as a CB saucer with it's small warp drive. Cool Cool

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: