Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5S4 - sensors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: 5S4 - sensors Reply with quote

The latest version of (as opposed to the hydran attack version) Direct fire defense has added 'offensive jamming' of enemy ships, however it still puts this as a sub catgeory of direct fire defense.

Direct fire defense says;"A given ship cannot get a shift of two by using two channels"

Which begs the question; if I use a sensor on one of my ships (5S4a), and a sensor on the enemey ship who fires at my ship (5S4c), I have used 2 channels, but as they are on different ships do I get cumulative +2, or am I still under the above quote that my given ship can't benefit from the use of 2 channels in 1 impulse even though they were used on different ships to benefit the 1 target ship.

[edit] - Supplemental question:

Plasma defense says the use occurs during the ADD portion of defensive fire. Does this mean that the 25% reduction occurs then, or only that you declare the use then, and calculate the 25% reduction at the point of applying damage (which may be after phasers have reduced the plasma). e.g a Pl-F hits for 20. If I do 25% during ADD part of the phase then the plasma loses 5 and phasers may reduce it another 10 to 5 left. Or do I fire phasers reducing it to 10, then calculate 25% and end up taking 8.

(these both came up last night during a game)

Last edited by storeylf on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First question:
No, you may not use two different channels in different modes to get a combined shift of two. The prohibition is part of the base rule (5S4), so regardless of the mode used (in 5S4a, 5S4b, or 5S4c), the prohibition applies.

Second question:
The reduction applies immediately. So, if you pay the energy and use the channel, the 25% reduction is immediate at that point. Any subsequent phaser fire will then apply to the remaining warhead.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: