Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D5/D5W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: D5/D5W Reply with quote

I'm beginning to get concerned about how more and more "liberties" are being taken regarding the Klingon ships.

IMO, the deckhouse on the D5/D5W is WAY to big and tall.

And what is with all the excessive greebling?

Please, for the love of Khaless, remove those things off the front of the boom/bulb and above the sensor/nav def. They were wrong on the D7 and even more so here.

The extra stuff around the bridge...hell, the whole desing of the bridge is just wrong. Should be similar with the D6/7 series in appearance, with the offset secondary tower or none at all as Turner presents it.

The "stuff" that ended up on top of the D7s deckhouse...I do realize these arent going to be perfect or perfect copies of what was available/canon before...but it is getting ridiculous.

Some times less is more.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seek and value all opinions, but what's there is what the mass movement of people said they wanted. Did we go too far? Maybe, but we won't know unless a lot of people tell us. We look for consensus and momentum. Nobody wants to buy ships that were discussed for a week and then done the way one person said. So, he's right or he's wrong, let me know.
koogie
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck house does look a little large, could be a little thinner.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klingon D5W album is now complete: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150333717958280.363094.231728653279&type=3&l=b4f6a73b19

The discussion and even more pictures are on the BBS: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/27411/28582.html?1318125561

The Klingon D5 album is also complete: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150333930208280.363138.231728653279&type=3&l=020153f383

The discussion about it on the BBS can be read here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/27411/28606.html?1318092768

Jean
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the engines on the D5 series moved back to a more traditional placement.

I think this would make it look even sleeker despite all the greebling...

Also the bulb needs to be larger...on all the Klingons.

The 2400 series was NOT a good starting point for the Klingons. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: