Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deceleration confirmation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonPerry
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Deceleration confirmation Reply with quote

I'd just like a confirmation that a non-stopped ship can spin in place, hexside after hexside, without leaving the hex it is in, by using decel every time it is scheduled to move, and turning when that turn rate is satisfied by the multiple decels.

Yes, that was a run-on sentence.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember though that if you do this, your sideslip mode is reset to zero with the first facing change, and you don't get the ability to sideslip again until the movement after you move out of that hex.
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your side slip mode reset after a standard turn? I am pretty sure that is only in reference to an HET.

Just read movement rules and your side slip counter is only reset to zero following a side slip, stopping or performing an HET, so unless you stopped, HET'd in place or sideslipped and then reduced your speed to zero, you can side slip at will.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember discussing this a couple of years ago. At first sight, you are right; (2C4a) says that 'Turn Modes and Sideslip Modes are recorded and satisfied independently of each other'.

However, at the end of (2C4c) it says, "For purposes of satisfying the sideslip requirement, a regular 60 degree turn resets the Sideslip Mode to zero; the Sideslip Mode must resume at that point (but is satisfied by the movement of the ship into its new hex, unless a deceleration is used and no new hex is entered). A unit may not sideslip during the same Movement Sub-Pulse that it made a normal turn". (italics mine) That was the bit I had missed previously.
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Errr... Yeah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: