Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Holes and Displacement 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klingon of Gor
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Black Holes and Displacement 2 Reply with quote

An Andro ship wishes to self displace. A direct line from its current hex to the hex to which it intends to displace passes within two hexes of a black hole. The Andro ship is more than two hexes from the black hole, and the target hex is more than two hexes from the black hole as well. Can it displace to the intended target hex?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gonna say yes. As long as the starting hex and the destination hex are outside two hexes from the black hole, yes. Nothing else in the game would stop such a displacement, so I don't see why this would.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
lb4269
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked To Klingon of Gor: Did this actually come up in a game you were playing?
Klingon of Gor
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This came about because I played a game involving a black hole with a friend, which did not actually involve any Andros. During the post mortem we started discussing the relative advantages and disadvantages of various races around black holes. One of us, I cannot remember who, suggested that Andros could use the disdev to escape from the two hex range of a black hole, forgetting that disdev is, in fact, a direct fire weapon. As luck would have it, I happened to find Mojo Jojo's question about black holes and disdev on the forum the next day. I started wondering about disdeving past a black hole. So no, it didn't actually come up, but given Mike West's answer, it seemed a logical next question to ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: