Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Rock
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Newbie help Reply with quote

Newbie questions:

1. Paint then assemble or assemble then paint?

2. Can someone list a set of equipment and supplies I should go buy for doing these?

3. Can someone link or email a good tutorial?

4. If anyone is extra generous with their time and preferably has a video conferencing (or lives in So. Cal.), can you email me with your contact info so I may call you/meet you for extra help?

Thanks.
-Paul
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie help Reply with quote

The_Rock wrote:
Newbie questions:

1. Paint then assemble or assemble then paint?

In general, assemble then paint. Only do the reverse if there's something that your brush can't reach (not usually a problem with SFB/FC figures).

Quote:
2. Can someone list a set of equipment and supplies I should go buy for doing these?

• soap and water to wash the release agent of the sprues
  • hobby wire cutters to remove pieces from sprue (find the ones with the flat blades
  • xacto knife and some modeling files to clean up flash, etc. An emory board works well too.
  • spray on primer - white, gray, or black - depending on what your colors are (white for lighter colors, black for darker colors, gray for medium colors).
  • a set of acrylic paints - almost any will do from the larger bottles available at craft stores to the miniature specific ones. My personal favorite is Vallejo Model color but then I paint more 25mm figures than ships
  • a set of good brushes (size 0 or 1 with good tips)
  • a clear matt sealer in spray can (not gloss)

That is about it -there's more stuff depending on how involved you want to get.

Quote:
3. Can someone link or email a good tutorial?

http://www.how-to-paint-miniatures.com/

Quote:

Thanks.
-Paul

You're welcome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: