Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orion Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Orion Questions Reply with quote

On the Battle Raider ship card (#113) the Y/Z optional weapon arming tracks are obviously supposed to be photons, but the Y/Z mounts cannot hold photons. Do I take it that the 'Y/Z' on the tracks is a misprint, and that they instead refer to 'A/B'?

Also, the ship description for the Free Traitor in Orion Attack says that it was 'indistinguishable from its peaceful cousins until it was boarded or started shooting'. I take it, though, that the ship is always known as a Free Traitor by all players, since only Q-Ships have the 'secret identity' rules. Is that right?

Thanks!
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SFB, the Battle Raider has five full options. However, during playtest there was much whining* about the ability of the ship to carry five photons or five Pl-F. So, the wing mounts were "nerfed" to just be secondary mounts. The original ship cards were printed prior to the ship being "nerfed". Thus, the (5L1) rule is correct, and the ship card is not. (Unless you have the PDF Orion ePack. Those ship cards were all fully updated.

For the Free Traitor, let's just leave the ship note as a "color comment" rather than an actual rule. Sure, in the SFU, it is indistinguishable from a Free Trader, but when the scenario starts the mystery has been lost somehow.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all fair enough - thanks Mike. The explanation for the Free Traitor I found particularly enjoyable - well put! Very Happy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
In SFB, the Battle Raider has five full options. However, during playtest there was much whining* about the ability of the ship to carry five photons or five Pl-F. So, the wing mounts were "nerfed" to just be secondary mounts. The original ship cards were printed prior to the ship being "nerfed". Thus, the (5L1) rule is correct, and the ship card is not. (Unless you have the PDF Orion ePack. Those ship cards were all fully updated.

Are you refering to this product?

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/federation-commander-orion-ship-card-pack-number-1

If so, I just bought this to validate your statement and because I want the most up-to-date Orion ship info... Orions look cool and I want to test drive a few of them.

On the Battle Raider in this PDF, I do see the omission of the Plasma and Photon weapon arming tables for Y and Z.

Interesting to note though is I see Y and Z marked as WPN on my card. However, in the PDF, they're marked at DRN. That said, they're still listed as optional points on both reference manual and the PDF file (phaser, plasma D, ADD, drone).

In fact, I think i found this in one or two other ships where DRN points are actually WPN.

I think of DRN as a drone point not an optional weapon point? What am I missing here?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, WPN denotes full option mounts, while DRN denotes limited option mounts. Not the clearest system, I guess, but it is what was done. So, on Orion ships, DRN does not mean "drone", but rather "limited option mount". (Which does most commonly end up being a drone.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
kboruff
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
In general, WPN denotes full option mounts, while DRN denotes limited option mounts. Not the clearest system, I guess, but it is what was done. So, on Orion ships, DRN does not mean "drone", but rather "limited option mount". (Which does most commonly end up being a drone.)

I can live with that. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: