Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC points SFB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: FC points SFB Reply with quote

Here's a really strange question... and it may sound stupid, so I ask folks to keep in mind that I haven't played SFB since 1987 and I just recently re-entered the game but under FC...

So I guess I should ask first: Does SFB have points like FC does for ships?

If they do, are they 1 to 1, or is a SFB CA 510 points and FC's CA 81 or something similar?

I know the SSD's themselves are not compatible. We were wondering, though, about doing conversions later on (Fighters, carriers, etc) for our own games (I've seen the threads about fighters in FC... I'm not weighing in on either side on that one, it's something that my group is pondering exploring internally).

-------
Guy Davis
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vast majority of the squadron scale points in Fed Comm are equal to the SFB points.
Some were tweaked during playtesting to get the values right.
then the fleet scale points are half the final squadron scale point values.
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That was really fast! And thank you, that makes it a lot easier when and if the group decides this is a good idea. Smile

-------
Guy Davis
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also note that squadron scale FC ship cards are very, very close to being the same as SFB SSDs. In some cases ADB has even done "hybrid" pages in captain's Log, where it literally is the half-page squadron scale FC ship card with a half page of additional data to flesh it out for SFB (more charts, mainly along with a few boxes for things FC doesn't bother with).
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Point Value of squadron scale ships in Federation Commander is the same as SFB BPV. Any apparent difference is based on which refits for the base ship that are included, and drone costs. So, for example, the "Federation CA" included in Klingon Border would really be the "Federation CAR+a with two medium speed drones and four ADD rounds in its drone rack" in SFB.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Also note that squadron scale FC ship cards are very, very close to being the same as SFB SSDs. In some cases ADB has even done "hybrid" pages in captain's Log, where it literally is the half-page squadron scale FC ship card with a half page of additional data to flesh it out for SFB (more charts, mainly along with a few boxes for things FC doesn't bother with).

In fact if I remember rightly, there was a feature in a (fairly) recent Captain's Log telling you how to 'adapt' the ship cards/SSDs between one game and the other.
[Edit: Captain's Log #42, page 53, article by Mike West
http://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/CL42A_Table_of_Contents.pdf ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: