Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 powers war
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Targ
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack do you really think the NCL is gonging to be an issue as you are only starting turn six. If you want to fight to the death please do it helps me , lets Lee smash you and you can willow him down a bit 4 me

PS The Haggis hunt went extremely well, me and the 'ld gel even managed to bag a couple of chickens too, you should have joined us.

Last edited by Targ on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Targ
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of corrections for the Coalitions OOB:

1) 33 economic points.

2) The NCA(L) on the ISC front is in fact back at the Coalitions Star Base (some one lost it in Morrison's car park Confused Wink ).
Capt Jack
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this evenings match did not turn out well for the alliance. If Storeylf does win this campaign, I think we might need to discuss handicapping him (No, not with a Hammer! Shocked )

I think the fairest ways are

1. I get a free moniter, Targ gets a free Light moniter

2. I get extra 10points a turn and Trag gets 5points

3. The fairest way by far is Storeylf plays all matchs blindfolded! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (even then, I'm sure my Alpha strikes would still be on a split sheild! Rolling Eyes )
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you are complaining about. Did I destroy any ships in this last battle? NO Evil or Very Mad . Who is the only person to have destroyed a ship of yours? Yes, that's right the person who you thought you had a truce with!

Well if you force me to play Andros next time, as there seemed to be a hint of last night, I'm sure that will be a big enough handicap. Andros at these levels of fights are not very good.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night saw the end of the epic match between the ISC and the Alliance.

Starting last night I was a bit spread out, and facing the wrong way at a long range from the enemy base (in the far corner). So I spent the first turn just manouvering to re-group, and swatting down a fair number of drones. Early in the turn the Alliance got a good shot in on my slightly damaged CL that went through a shield and did some internals. By the end of the turn my ships had formed up with the DN,CC and 2 undamaged CLs 26 hexes from the base. The Damaged CL and CA were a few hexes further back. The alliance were rather spread out around his base.

The following turn I advanced intending to get to range 16 and launch plasma at the base with the front 4 ships (which would have been a 176 pt impact). His better ships came out to meet me. I decl'd to keep the range at 9-10 against them in the first instance. 2 of his ships fired at that point, but he had forgotten they couldn't overload, and didn't do much damage. we closed some more and his next Kzinti CC fired overloads, but again it wasn't enough to do anything of note and in reply I put PPDs into his CC as well a chunk of phasers. That left the vessel gutted and not far from dead (darn scouts again). The following impulse the CA/CL coming up also fired a PPD, phasers and bolted the rear plasma bolts, again he scouted it. Both bolts hit but the PPD only scored a single pulse. The CC just survived again. The big plasma were launched at the base, and spare plasma were launched at the Fed BC which was closing, but still just out of overload range. My ships turned off as a major drone wave closed which also ensured the Fed wouldn't get close enough.

At that point after a discussion we called the game. The Alliance had 2 flying bridges, 1 being tractored towards the map edge by another of his ships. his Feds both had serious shield damage and the base was due to be hit for probably about 100 after defensive fire. I had a lightly damaged CL and a CA with bad shields but other wise intact. Though having fired most of my stuff and turning away from him I wasn't likley to be able to finish any ships off.

So the ISC advance into the next zone.

ISC damage:

CL(4)
CA - pristine (but still carrying 2/1 from previously).

Alliance damage:

Kzinti CC (cripple/2)
Gorn CM (cripple)
Fed BC (5)
Fed NCA (4)
Scout (2)

Next up, the Coalition vs Alliance battle. The Alliance are eternally optimistic and are convinced their Tug will swing the battle! mmmm.
Capt Jack
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unofficial ceasefire has broken out! Shocked My opponents must have either seen through my cunning coiled spring tactic.. Confused Or the Andros must be attacking them, either way victory to me Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil!!!!!
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A minor diversion whilst we play other things, eventualy we will get bored and come and finish crushing you. You'll need a bigger spring.
Capt Jack
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall we just say I've won this one! Very Happy

What's the plan for next one?

I'd say similar to this but smaller start up points? Exclamation Question
slavic_dog
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: What do you use for Andromedan / ISC bases? Reply with quote

We tried out this campaign this weekend and really enjoyed it. - we did have a couple questions,
though.

For the Invader (Andro or ISC):
What did you use for their base station, battlestation, and starbase.
For the Andro's i only know of a card for their battlestation so what do you
use for their base station and starbase?

Also, If at the end of a campaign round you spend your points to repair a ship in the field
(assuming not crippled), does it sit out the next round while being repaired or is it ready to go
at the beginning of the next round.

Thanks in advance for your help.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISC just use the same bases as everyone else, but with the weapons described in (5L7). If you don't have (5L7), then just use the weapons of a Gorn base, but replace Pl-R with PPD on the starbase, and replace all Pl-R/S/F with PPD on the rest.

The Andros don't currently have a base station. They have a battle station, as noted, and a satellite base. The satellite base can be found in both Communique #55 and in Reinforcements Attack. To conceptually make an Andro base station, take the battle station, delete one of the exterior modules (leaving just two) and readjust the weapons arcs as if they are directly opposed to each other. Failing that, you could just deploy two satellite bases and call it even. For the starbase, you probably need to just deploy two battle stations and call it even.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
slavic_dog
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, sir for the location of the ISC info.

and appreciate the suggestions for making an Andro base station:
Given that the Battlestation (squadron scale) is 500 pts, even taking one module away
might still leave it too powerful - as compared to the 140 point base station the alliance/coalition
folks get.

I like the idea of welding two sat bases together and adjusting arcs, only 200 points, not quite
as much a mismatch.

....thinking back to playing SFB, didnt the Adros have a "Desecrator" Starbase? maybe just
not implemented for FC?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes, in SFB the Andromedans definitely have a starbase. It just isn't in FC yet (and has no timetable to do so).

BTW, when I suggested using two satellite bases or two battlestations, I was just suggesting that two be present. They didn't need to be adjoined or anything. Just present.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: