Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At last...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: At last... Reply with quote

Played some Federation Commander after a far too long hiatus.

I was very rusty and the situation compounded by bringing Briefing #2 instead of the consolidated rulebook...not to mention all my ship cards are the obsolete versions.

Still, it was very, very fun!

First game was more training/refresher. Klingon F5 vs Romulan Snipe and the first time I've seen plasma in the FC universe. I under the Romulans frustration with seeking plasma as I easily out ran the G and F-torps fired at me in my speedy F5.

Lessons learned by all though and it does have its uses. Had it been fired at me as I closed in the Snipe wouldn't had been as pummeled.

Second game was more training refresher with us teaming up as Romulans against a Planet Killer. I commanded a KR while my coworker commanded a King Eagle. The PK was controlled by both of us with a blend of rules from SFB and FC.

At one point I rolled poorly and screwed myself; identifying me as the target in that instance and ate four Ph4s at four hexes.

Ow. Crying or Very sad

My ship and I survived and landed two S-torps and 3 Ph1s for heavy damage, finishing off another shield, the armor and taking a decent chunk out of the PKs internals with the KE's R-torp and two F-torps and 4 Ph1s blasting through a 5 point shield and crippling it.

We ended the game there as it was late and knowing the KE and what was left of my KR could finish the PK despite what it could repair in the next three turns.

Looking forward to more games with more players.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's great when you re-realise just how much pure fun this game is after a hiatus for whatever reason.

I'm working on a new scenario and am playtesting it; what sheer fun it is! Things blowing up all over the place....

Glad you enjoyed your games! Smile
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love writing scenarios. Not that they're any good, but I love writing them just the same.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe same here on both counts Smile The scoring is always what gets me, keeping the mission objectives related to the points scoring system.

Submitted 10, published 1. Still, better than nothing I guess, and there's always time.... perhaps when they scrape the barrel, they'll find my scenarios in there after all Wink
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
Yes it's great when you re-realise just how much pure fun this game is after a hiatus for whatever reason.

My brother purchased FC for me and brought it with him when he visited me in Japan around 2006/7 IIRC.

We tried playing it, but we were perplexed by the simplicity/differences from SFB. It was too easy so we had to have been missing something...or so we thought. Embarassed
So we boxed it back up and pulled out the SFB and started working on the math and paperwork!

More games are being scheduled for the holiday weekends and I'm looking forward to it.
Aabh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the coolest things ADB did (One of would be among many many things... but still Very Happy) Was to put the consolidated Rulebook out on e23 in pdf format. I loaded it on to my Flyer tablet (Which I never leave without) and it is always with us when we play Very Happy Just a thought, you could put it on your phone and it would certainly always be with you.

I'm really loving FC! Very Happy

-------
Guy Davis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: