Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monster Box
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mxslade
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Monster Box Reply with quote

Any timeline on when the Monster box comes out?
Darkbridger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster box? What's that?
MikePowers
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a box 'o monsters.
Darkbridger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, miniatures for things like the Space Dragon and such? That would be cool... didn't realize such a thing was on the production schedule. I should probably visit the other site more often.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Question Confused Monster what? Rolling Eyes I guess this is something that SVC has left off the production list...I'll ask about it Monday when he's back in the office, but as of right now...I've got a list of what's coming out for the next 6 months and even through the greater part of next year and this is the first I've heard of it. Laughing Not a good thing if it's a valid product, for the marketing director to NOT know. lol...I've kept SVC pretty busy since I came on board...then he kept me busy getting things ready for his trip to Europe...I'll find out...
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa, the Monster Box is a box set of miniatures for the monsters featured in FC, like a squadron box only... monstrous Smile SVC's mentioned the Monster Box a few times. I think it will be a while before it comes out. Most of the miniatures that will be in it still have to be sculpted AFAIK. It's probably not on the schedule yet because of that.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO...it isn't on any schedule. Must be on the "one day" list. Very Happy Lol, SVC is having to learn to change the "one day" list to actual schedule with me...I tap my watch and ask for 6 months worth of future product at a time. Very Happy I can tell you what the "definites" are for the next few months. Wink But then SVC may clobber me...he hates me keeping him on a schedule.
Darkbridger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa wrote:
I tap my watch and ask for 6 months worth of future product at a time. Very Happy I can tell you what the "definites" are for the next few months. Wink But then SVC may clobber me...he hates me keeping him on a schedule.

I like seeing these lists, even though the releases might not show up as planned. I know there is some of that at the starfleet website... I'll have to go poke around this site to see if there is anything similar. If it's not already there, hopefully you can put something similar on this site, at least for the 6 month time frame.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkbridger wrote:
Vanessa wrote:
I tap my watch and ask for 6 months worth of future product at a time. Very Happy I can tell you what the "definites" are for the next few months. Wink But then SVC may clobber me...he hates me keeping him on a schedule.

I like seeing these lists, even though the releases might not show up as planned. I know there is some of that at the starfleet website... I'll have to go poke around this site to see if there is anything similar. If it's not already there, hopefully you can put something similar on this site, at least for the 6 month time frame.
Hopefully, planning something and it not getting out on time is a thing of the past. I've brought on a new account for ADB which makes it necessary to keep to a schedule or we won't have them anymore and this account means a significant increase in current sales. I can't/won't name names as to which distributor it is until they make their first order in January (yes we have to work 3 months ahead for them), but it means keeping *giggle* SVC on a schedule that he has to keep. Wink
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster box, two of them, are on the "sometime, perhaps soon" list. They are not "scheduled" products.

One would have space dragons (we'll just pick stuff already in production out of the Reaper catalog). In theory we could "sort this out" in a few hours and announce it for Feb or March or April.

The other will involve monsters made for us by sculptors. The first two (planet killer and moray eel) are done. We'll need several more including the amoeba and death probe and maybe another one. This one depends on when sculptors send us workable models. Once we have those, 90 days for the wholesalers (well, one of them) to get it into their books and away we go. Maybe it could happen by Origins, but that's not a promise or a schedule. I cannot make promises based on what some sculptor might or might do nor not do at some future or very distant date.

As for Vanessa's big client, that plan works only because they're "re-releasing" all of the FedCom stuff for the last year as new products to their stores. We can easily do things on time that are already on the market and we can obviously provide them with art for products already in production.

Only one wholesaler needs 90 days advance notice, another wants 60, and most of the rest are happy with 30 or 10. But that one wholesaler sets the tune for the whole industry, like it or not, and that is not a good thing. We cannot afford to finish a product and then let it sit in the warehouse 90 days so every manufacturer ends up guessing when an unfinished product will be finished and what will be in it and get the cover art done and approved three months early (and the artists expect to be paid on delivery not publication). It's a BAD way to run an industry but it can't be changed because the one wholesaler who writes the rules for all the others cannot grasp that even their stores don't want or need or use 90 days notice. The industry changed about 18 months ago and the "pre-order model" is just no longer used. We sold that wholesaler three copies of FedCom:KB in the 30 days after it was released for every one of their pre-orders. They just don't get it.

Anyway, the theory is that by the middle of 2007 we will be on a "normal" (if archaic and stupid) schedule system and will have art and content down solid 90 days in advance.

The list Vanessa speaks of (one I have posted on the other BBS) is the stuff we KNOW will come out because there is nothing to really stop them. These are mostly FedComm products under our control. The list is not complete but it IS all I'm comfortable with announcing right now. In theory, we will have several RPG books during April-May-June but until I have complete drafts in hand I have no plans to announce them (for 90 days after I have complete drafts in hand).
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the space dragons get done, could it be possible to ask the sculptor to include optional 'metal hull' modules, to allow the dragons to represent the Branthodon warships from Omega 4?

Gary
MikePowers
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or possibly we could make monster miniatures out of hot dogs.
guentherm
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikePowers wrote:
Or possibly we could make monster miniatures out of hot dogs.

That's.....kinda scary....

<shudder>

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup..."
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I want to include branthodon backpacks in the dragon box. For one thing, very few players would want them. For another, it would take three or four months to get them done, and we'd have to invest about $500 just to get the molds done so that we could include a couple of small parts that 3% of the audience would even want. Better to let you get some ribbon epoxy and take your own best shot.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe include a note indicating their usefulness as ships for the Branthodon fleet - as well as a picture or two showing a sample conversion to represent the backpacks?

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: