Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tenneshington Decals - Decals for your ST 2500 miniatures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Tenneshington Decals - Decals for your ST 2500 miniatures Reply with quote

Tenneshington Decals is pleased to announce that we are now taking orders for custom Starline 2500 miniatures. We are currently only taking orders for the United Federation of Planets miniatures, but decals for Starline 2400 series Federation miniatures will be coming online sometime during the first quarter of 2012. The decals for the other empires are expected to follow soon after the Starline 2400 Federation decals arrive.

The Starline 2500 custom decals can be ordered in Fleet Box sheets, Squadron Box sheets, or even as individual sheets to match the blister packages of individual miniatures. This should allow you to customize your entire fleet with very little effort.

All of Tenneshington's decals are printed on clear, water-slide decal paper in high-resolution graphics. As an added bonus, every one of our decal sheets contains two copies of each decal (just in case you damage a decal during application - NO WAITING for a replacement decal to arrive!). Each ship has the appropriate NCC number, hull name, warp engine pennants, as well as various bonus decals (access hatches, extra windows, sensors, even landing gears for the oCL!)

The Federation Fleet Box sheet will contain a complete set of custom names/hull numbers for all 16 ships in The Federation Fleet Box, as well as a special set of decals for the 6 shuttles in the fleet box. The cost for this item will be $35 per Fleet Box Sheet.

The Federation Squadron Box sheet will contain custom names/hull numbers for the 5 ships in the Federation Squadron Box. The cost of this item will be $20 per Squadron Box sheet.
In addition, decals can be ordered for individual ships for use on miniatures purchased in blister packs. The individual decals sheets may also be purchased at a cost of $5 per sheet or 5 sheets for $20.
The custom order form can be downloaded from the Tenneshington Decals website: http://www.tenneshington.com. Once completed, simply return it to us at orders@tenneshington.com.

Custom decal sheets will take 10 to 14 days to lay-out and print, and will be shipped within 48 hours of being printed. Reprints of previously ordered sheets (yes, even sheets somebody else ordered) will be printed and shipped within 48 hours of being ordered. When placing your order, please specify if you're interested in ordering a re-print of a previously ordered sheet (see the website for a list of these and the ship names on each).

Questions can be directed to scoutdad@tenneshington.com or will@tenneshington.com.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of caveats to the above announcement:

1) Currently, only Federaiton Squadron Box decals can be ordered.
We are awaiting the arrival of a Fleet Box of Federation miniatures to test fit the final run of declas to the actual miniatures. We'd rather have the problems resolved on our end before they get to you. Orders for Fleet Boxes can be placed, and layout of the confirmed ships will begin upon ordering, but final printing will not begin until minis arrive. A follow-up announcement will be made.

2) The orders@tenneshington.com address is not working yet, so unitl the follow-up announcement is made, contact me at the address in my profile. or PM either Will or myself.

3) a quick email request for the order form can be sent to either of us.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emails, order form on the website, and website in-general will be online by Saturday (and probably sooner).
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all goes as expected, Squadron Box decals will be printed on 12/27 - so get your orders in now.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update.

We ran a whomping one day behind plan, but the decal sheet to tie in with ADB/Mongoose's Federation Squadron Box is now complete and off to have the first orders for it printed.

As previously noted, all sheets are custom printed with names you select. In the near future, our website will list the contents of select previously-ordered versions of the sheet, should you like those names.

The website is (of course): http://www.tenneshington.com/

Thanks!
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot spell Tenishintonawantontiktokton!

Coudln't you have called it TenTon Decals?
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, how long until you do some custom 2400s? I'd like to get a cloaked DNG markings. (Grey name and NCC, light pink markings, ect.)
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phdillman wrote:
Just curious, how long until you do some custom 2400s? I'd like to get a cloaked DNG markings. (Grey name and NCC, light pink markings, ect.)

Since this is a sideline (for now, at least); the 2400s will be at least 2 or 3 months down the line.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick with the 2400s is that it will be mostly new art and that will take a significant amount of time to generate.

It's not as simple as just scaling the art for the 2500s down. The proportions of just about everything changed on the new minis, enough that decals wouldn't fit like they should. I went through more iterations on the 2500s than I would've liked, as I learned that hard fact.

2400s are in the plan, but getting the 2500s solid and shipping is priority #1 (along with my continuing volunteer work providing comments/suggestions on the resin minis themselves).
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there plans for the 2400 decals to included windows decals, or will it just be the hull markings/numbers/pennants?

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2400 decals will definitely include decals for windows on the neck, the secondary hull, the saucer, and the saucer edges.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.

Art for those already exists in many cases, from the several years that Tony and I have been making these just for our own purposes.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How easy would it be for you guys to able to supply both 'outlined' windows, which as you say already exists in many cases, and solid white and black windows, which would show up on grey or dark color hulls, as on the 'TV ship'. Or would that not be allowed? Embarassed

That is, would it be possible to request one or the other? (I'm just complicating things, aren't I?)

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the time comes, our decals for SL2400 minis will have a set pattern of mostly yellow (lit compartment) windows, with a few black (dark compartment) sprinkled in for variety (and a token few round "portholes"). The pattern is similar to what you've seen elsewhere, all of which came from the "tv ship".

A very few of our decals for the SL2500 resin minis also include similar windows, to account for windows that were not molded into certain minis (or parts of minis where it was impractical to do).

At these scales, a window that is just an "outline" with no fill-color would not print well at all (too fine a line weight) and wouldn't be worth doing.

We won't be doing anything for dark color hulls for a least a few months, as that involves a completely different printing process (you have to under-print white first, or the art won't show up on a dark paint). We intend to go there, for both the metal and resin minis, but this is a marathon, not a sprint race.

You can, of course, request custom changes to things like windows being "on" or "off", but those changes would incur an additional cost for art development, over and above the normal prices. We would be happy to do it, but have to charge for the time.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you don't think I'm trying to rush you guys! I understand how much hard work you both have to put into what is after all a business venture, with all the detail that entails.

I was sure I had seen photos of some Federation minis with 'outlined' windows. And I see what you mean about how fine the line weight would have to be! But it's nice to know that you will eventually be producing them.

I will now sneak away under stealth to raid a convoy and leave you to your hard work! Rolling Eyes Thanks for your reply, Will.

Mark Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: