Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain's Log #45?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Captain's Log #45? Reply with quote

Do we have an ETA for this product, please?
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - May 2012 Very Happy
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<like>
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. Probably August. I've spent so much time dealing with Mongoose that it has effectively destroyed ADB, and I'm just about to decide they were not worth it.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. We can be patient Smile

Hope it all works out ok, Steve.
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
I dunno. Probably August. I've spent so much time dealing with Mongoose that it has effectively destroyed ADB, and I'm just about to decide they were not worth it.

Hi Steve,

I just wanted to let you know that for me it has been totally worth it. I've never been a SFB or FC player, but I have bought heavily into A Call To Arms: Star Fleet. Probably close to $1000 invested in it already.

I agree that there have been issues (I've been subject to poor quality resin and missing metal parts just like everyone), but this has become my favorite miniatures game.

Do I think that things could be done better? Absolutely. Do I know how? No, but I plan to continue supporting the system.

ACTA SF has brought at least me, my son and another friend into the Star Fleet Universe, and I am greatly looking forward to Prime Directive Traveller as well. My boys and I are already planning our campaign.

Anyway, if nothing else, this deal has brought new players into the games, and I would hate to see ACTA Star Fleet go away.

Maybe ADB could just take over writing, producing and distributing the rules and minis and license it back to Mongoose the other way?

My 2 cents.
archon96
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with the guy above. Ive not been happy with mongoose either but i like the look and size of the 2500 line better then the 2400 series. Also having played FC ever so briefly ACTA:SF runs faster for the big fleet battles that i love. Im looking forward to the other races to release so i can start to build campaigns. I'm only now begining to have introduction games for my friends and once the next two races release ill begin building campaigns for them. If this goes away I'll to go find something else to play, that has the same big fleet feel to it.
Bill Stec
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Red-24. ACTA:SF has become the big game for me. Never could get into FC, didn't play SFB anymore, ran out of players for F&E (which has gathered dust for 2+ years).

While there have been problem aplenty, hang in there Steve. Partnerships are never easy; they're like marriages in that there's always rough patches and good stretches. But you probably already knew that.

Looks like you have other projects on the burner that will probably help with sales, etc, which you have said have been pretty good as of late. Who cares if CL45 is a little late, considering all the other stuff that's been released/being worked on right now? :
Jim Lewis
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC - I want to toss my comments in too.

I don't think of ACTA: SF as just Mongoose Publishing. I think of it as SFU and by extension ADB. It's brought a fresh and high-level of enjoyment for me.

I understand and can imagine the frustrations, trials and tribulations that the venture must have brought the ADB Staff, but I am deeply appreciative of the effort and desire to please all of us SFU players. I am a very patient person because time after time, regardless of the time it took, I've been pleased with the products and outcomes.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm going to focus on ADB products for the next few months. If that means ACTASF stuff slips in the schedule, so be it. Matthew says he'd rather I respond when I can than complain about him stopping me from doing my own products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: