Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romulan Border - Ceasefire Collapse scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Romulan Border - Ceasefire Collapse scenario Reply with quote

In the Ceasefire Collapse scenario in my first edition Romulan Border rules it has both the Federation and Klingon/Romulan forces facing direction A.
This means that the Federation is facing away from the Romluans while the Klingons/Romulans are facing towards the rear of the Federation ships.

Is this correct or a typo?
Thanks.

Last edited by marcus_aurelius on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
marcus_aurelius
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just moving this back to the top of the queue so it gets noticed.

I did not recieve any replies and I am still extremely curious about my question.
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this scenario in Romulan Space (not Border), so I don't know if the wording is the same in both. My version actually lists NO starting facing for Klingons/Romulans, but they are deployed in a mirror image formation of what the Feds are. My guess is that they (the Klomulans) are facing D, away from the freighter in the center of the map, just like the Feds are. It's like they're ALL standing guard over the freighter, watching for approaching threats. Maybe?
The Ghost
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an official source, but I would say it is a typo. The SFB scenario in Capt's Log #8 with the same name and same general setup has the ships facing each other ready to fight if (or in this case when) the ceasefire collapses. Having them facing each other also matches the associated fiction story in the same Capt's Log.

Edited to add info about fiction story.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost assuredly a typo. The Federation should be facing D, so they are all facing in towards each other. Fundamentally, it is a "Mexican stand-off".

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: