Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlegroup Chicago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aresian
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Battlegroup Chicago Reply with quote

Memorial Day (Monday, May 28th) from Noon to 5pm I'll be running a Federation Commander Demo Derby to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Star Trek II and the winner will receive a dvd of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. Below are the rules which I admit I swiped from Scoutdad on these forums.

Map: All availalbe map panels should be shuffled together and placed on the table in the order they are drawn. If enough panels are available, use 1 large scale panel per player or 1 small scale panel for every two players. Add enough panels beyond this to form a rectangle. All terrain featurs are in play as on the map panels being used. The map is a fixed map.

Set-up: Ships are placed on the map panels in the same order that the
players selected them. The first ship may be placed anywhere on he map, any facing. Each sucessive ship must be placed so that it is not within 6 hexes of any oher ship, any facing.

Time Limit: The game runs for a pre-determined number of turns
(typically 12) or for a set length of time. (i.e., 2 hours)

Victory Condition: This scenario is everyman-for-himself. Alliances can
be made (and broken) at will. The ultimate goal is to score more points
than anyone else and claim the demo-derby trophy.

Scoring: Points are scored as follow:

Scoring shield damage on an opponent: +0.5 points
Scoring a burn-through point on an opponent: +1 points
Scoring internal damage on opponent (other than burn-through): +2 points
Scoring Internal Damage via a Hit-and-Run raid: +3 points
Destroying and enemies ship: +5 points
Rebuying your way back into the game: -4 points
Victory points can be scored once per ship per catagory.
Multiple players can score points on each ship.

Re-buy: Should your ship be destroyed, you can buy your way back into the game by spending 4 previously earned points. Choose any fleet scale frigate and place it anywhere on the map that's not within 6 hexes of any other ship. The new ship is placed during the impulse activity phase of the impulse following the impulse in which the original ship was destroyed. There is no limit to the number of times that a player can rebuy into the game.

Final Victory: If playing a time limit game then once the time limit expires, complete the current impulse and total each players victory points. If playing a turn limit game then once the final turn is complete, total each players victory points. The winner of the derby is the player with the most total points.

Players can choose from Fed Frigate, Kzinti Frigate, Klingon F5, Romulan K5R and the Snipe. Basically any FF 45 pts or below, those are the ones I have. (Sorry toastie, I was mistaken earlier, I do have the Kizinti FF).

I'm hoping to use this as a springboard to have a weekly meeting to play FedCom and do OLP.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if Nashville to Chicago wan't such a long drive, I'd be there - but let us know how it turns out anyway.
aresian
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only about 8 hours Scoutdad. Trust me I know. I'm a native Nashvillian. Hopefully I'll get back home sometime this summer and might get a chance to slip down to Murfreesboro for a game.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome. We have memebers of our battlegroup that live in various and sundry Mid-TN locations, such as:
Franklin, Antioch, Nashville, Clarksville, Murfreesboro, Christianna, Smyrna, LaVergne, Knoxville, Chattanooga, etc.

so, if you're even close to Nashville - we can probably hook you up with a game or two.
Hudson
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this to see if anyone in the south burbs is interested or still playing.

Hi I live in Plainfield IL just outside Joliet and I am looking to play as well.

you can contact me through here or at garthas at gmail dot com

Looking to avoid the long hike to Games Plus if possible. Prefer meeting and playing one on one since I am new. Have tables at my place as well but can travel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: