Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed changes to cloaking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Juggs look like the kind of alien menace the Andros were supposed to be, and aren't.

From what they were when first introduced, tweaks haven't neutered the Andros but did file their fangs down a bit.
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play tested a scenario. At a point in the scenario I had a Romulan snipe vs. 2 fed war cruisers and a NCL. We were using the proposed cloaking rules. The snipe was able to successfully cloak vs. this overwhelming force and lose the three drones targeted on it. If we were using the written cloak rules the snipe would not have been able to cloak do to the 3 drones targeted on it and the snipe would have died to phaser fire.

Conclusion light ships really need the proposed cloaking rules, as even a minimal amount of drones can is lethal.

Nicole Rubins
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we did adopt the new cloak rules. Maybe it was just me, though.

Itharus
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why any seeking weapon would be able to maintain lock on a fully cloaked ship at all, honestly.

If it's purely for balance purposes, then just let drones retarget if they lose lock on a cloaked ship. Add a duration measured in impulses (actually, don't they have one anyway?) and voila! Problem solved, no?

Heck, even if the drones wind up wasted - what's the harm? The cloaking procedure is pretty firmly set and requires an upfront payment that's pretty hefty. You can time your firing around it. Or maybe drones just don't work so well versus ships with a cloaking device. They don't exactly work that well against ESGs, either.

Maybe it's because I'm new to FC, but I just don't see why there's this need for seeking weapons to somehow keep a lock on a cloaked ship. If you use the argument that the drone is tracking the ships emissions - well - there's no reason ANY weapon couldn't do that and the cloak would be 100% useless anyway.

Fighting Romulans is supposed to be a pain in the butt. It's like submarine warfare with them.
Grimmshade
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but are the proposed cloaking rules in Captains Log 49 the most recent version of this proposed change?
(It looks like the main difference to the changes I see on the forum are that voided cloak lasts 2 Impulses, rather than the proposed 1 found here.)
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the ones in Captain's Log are the most recent ones.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Grimmshade
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I really like them. Tried them and they make Romulans play more like I feel they should.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: