Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evasion and carronade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Evasion and carronade Reply with quote

i think there should be an addendum/ clarification to evasion that states when you get a column shift vs carronade it shifts left ie. Lower rather than right which actually increases carrondade damage . This is a unique case because the carronade table is set up differently than other damage tables in the game.
Evasion 2d4c
Carronade 4j4

Thanks
nicole
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually covered in the rule that links the two together: (4A4). So, it is in there already.

One of the things we did in RRBv6 was to make sure (or at least try to make sure) that all of the shifts that use (4A4) have a reference to (4A4). So, checking (2D4c) in the RRBv6, it does indeed have a reference to (4A4).

The reason for the (4A4) rule at all is so that we have a single rule that describes how shifts work, and any rule that causes a shift can just refer to it. That way the way a shift works stays consistent throughout the rules.

[EDIT: Nicole's original message had an unfortunate misspelling in it. I have corrected the problem and removed the off-topic discussion of it. I also combined my two original posts into one.]

Federation Commander Answer Guy

Last edited by mjwest on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: