Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fed commander and F&E

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG


Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Fed commander and F&E Reply with quote

Hi all, ive been looking at picking up Federation and Empire and in some information ive seen it says that battles can be completed using SFB. Is it possible to do them using Fed Commander?

Thanks
Brian.
_________________
My continuing efforts
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/count_zero99uk/fed%20commander/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bolo_MK_XL
Commander


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 778
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFB, FC or ACTA:SF could be used to do the battles, just a case of how intense or quick you would like the actual battle to be ---

Considering the size some fleets could be, imagine many would recommend "A Call to Arms" --
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scoutdad
Commodore


Joined: 09 Oct 2006
Posts: 4456
Location: Middle Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fed commander and F&E Reply with quote

count_zero99uk wrote:
Hi all, ive been looking at picking up Federation and Empire and in some information ive seen it says that battles can be completed using SFB. Is it possible to do them using Fed Commander?

Thanks
Brian.


The problem with using Federation Commande is that many ofhte units that would appear in a Federation and Empire battle are not yet included in Fed Comm:
Scouts
Carriers
Gunboats
Maulers
X-tech ships
Tugs
Commando ships

Now, you could create home-brew versions of the ships and rules...
Or elect to not build those variants in teh F&E game...
_________________


Scoutdad's minis photos here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG


Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment was just a general question and Scoutdad has answered it perfectly. I thought it may be something on the lines of missing ships.

I suppose the next thing i need to do is pick up and learn F&E is there a forum for that?
_________________
My continuing efforts
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/count_zero99uk/fed%20commander/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG


Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
SFB, FC or ACTA:SF could be used to do the battles, just a case of how intense or quick you would like the actual battle to be ---

Considering the size some fleets could be, imagine many would recommend "A Call to Arms" --



Whats "A call to arms"?

Thanks.
_________________
My continuing efforts
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/count_zero99uk/fed%20commander/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scoutdad
Commodore


Joined: 09 Oct 2006
Posts: 4456
Location: Middle Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count_zero99uk wrote:
At the moment was just a general question and Scoutdad has answered it perfectly. I thought it may be something on the lines of missing ships.

I suppose the next thing i need to do is pick up and learn F&E is there a forum for that?

The SFU BBS has several threads on Federation and Empire

This forum also has a less active Fed and Empire thread.
_________________


Scoutdad's minis photos here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Scoutdad
Commodore


Joined: 09 Oct 2006
Posts: 4456
Location: Middle Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count_zero99uk wrote:
Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
SFB, FC or ACTA:SF could be used to do the battles, just a case of how intense or quick you would like the actual battle to be ---

Considering the size some fleets could be, imagine many would recommend "A Call to Arms" --



Whats "A call to arms"?

Thanks.


A Call to Arms: Star Fleet is the joint venture game produced by ADB / Mongoose Publishing and is based in the highly seccessful A Call to Arms game engine.
It's designed to play massive games in a short time.
ADB info can be found HERE!

I ran a massive 60 ship battle at NashCon 2012 in about 8 hours.
The After Action Report and photos can be found HERE!
_________________


Scoutdad's minis photos here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
count_zero99uk
Lieutenant JG


Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks scoutdad as helpful as ever Smile
_________________
My continuing efforts
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/count_zero99uk/fed%20commander/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group