Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to start playing F&E, what does I need ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IKerensky
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: I want to start playing F&E, what does I need ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am interested in F&E but am wondering what I should really need to start playing ?

What would you qualify as the more basic set of rules/options/material I should aim at ?

Any advice, cousel on beginners ?

Regards,

Ike.
mattruh
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I just got started myself. I recommend the 2010 version. The rules are intimidating at first but pretty simple once you get going. It incorporates the a few rules from some expansions to make gampeplay easier. If you do get into it, you really need to get a good storage system for your counters. I have a storage rack I bought at a Hela to hold mine, which are currently organized by Hull type. I will eventually have them organized by ship type, but not for a while. A total of about 250-300 compartments should be enough for the basic game by itself.

I might also recommend VASSAL, just so you can broaden your player base. With it you can play online, and I might be interested in playing a game once I figure the program out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation & Empire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: