Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC in Vancouver BC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickwcan
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: FC in Vancouver BC Reply with quote

Are there any players interested in face to face play in the Vancouver BC area? I live in Coquitlam and have space to play and leave a scenario setup if it requires more than one session to play. I can also travel to your location if you prefer.

I played SFB about 20 years ago but most of my friends found it too complicated so I never got into it too deeply. I was recently introduced to FC and have since bought most of the components. I have read the rules but while I am quite familiar with the system I am relatively new to the tactics.

Rick White
Paul B
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Vancouver but not sure I have time as I tend to play battletech every week and Flames of War if not that. So, might be difficult. I do know there were a few people who lived more your direction, I played with them once or twice. Not sure on their contact information anymore.

Also a guy I used to play with moved towards the lougheed mall area. I can try to dig up his contact info if you'd like.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't exactly SFB or FC. I've thought about using Vancouver as either a starting point or stopping point for another cruise to Alaska. I'd like some pointers on things to do and see in Vancouver from some locals, but I don't know a soul there. You guys might qualify as "buds" from our gaming world.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Paul B
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the best tour guide but check out this website:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g154943-Vancouver_British_Columbia-Vacations.html

It has ratings for hotels and attractions by tourists.

Some things in town to check out would be Capilano Suspension Bridge (and Grouse Mountain), maybe Vandusen Botanical Garden, Stanley Park, etcetera. The Cruise ships are parked right downtown and there's a touristy area on Water Street which runs right near Canada Place (where the ships depart from). Also there's some decent shopping on and around Robson Street.

Lots of variety of food available. Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, french, whatever.

Water Street and area has some good restaurants. Steamworks, Revel, Chambar, Italian Kitchen (near Robson), Water Street Cafe, etcetera.

If you want to Ski the mountains of Grouse and Seymour are not far off. In summer there's hiking (Grouse Grind, accessible by public transit).

etecetera.

Hope some of that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: