Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request for Scenario Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Request for Scenario Issues Reply with quote

[I realize this might not work perfectly, but I am going to go and try this anyway ...]

In preparation for the Master Scenario Book, I would like for anyone who believes that a scenario is broken or has problems to tell me those issues. You can either send a PM, or make a post in this thread.

Note that I am not asking for opinions on the scenarios themselves. There are always going to be scenarios you don't like or don't appeal to you. Rather, I am looking for scenarios that are totally broken or have rules errors or something like that.

Also note that I am not promising that anything will necessarily get changed. (E.g. Hood Goes Down won't change, though it could possibly use an extra sentence explaining it.) However, I know people have mentioned on this forum before about problems with some scenarios (particularly the earlier ones) and if we can get them fixed, I would like to at least try to do so. Steve has not asked me to do this (at least not yet). I am simply trying to be proactive.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Mike
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: The Dakota Incident Reply with quote

Scenario:
The Dakota Incident (8CM30)

Product:
Communique #42

Problem:
1. All the Federation ship has to do is move at baseline speed 24 to win.
2. Two levels of victory conditions are listed, but both are the same.

Solution:
Somehow during the editing a couple of important things were left out.
1. Add this as a Special Rule:
The Federation ship is limited to a baseline speed of 16 for this scenario. You may not use acceleration, but you may use deceleration.
2. This is how the victory conditions should read:
Victory: You win an overwhelming victory by executing an emergency transport of the crew of the freighter to your ship, exiting the right side of the right map with less than half your internal system boxes marked as damaged, and not causing more than 10 internal damage points on any Klingon ship. You win a marginal victory by rescuing the crew and exiting the right side of the right map with less than half your internal system boxes damaged. You win a tactical victory by rescuing the freighter crew and exiting the right side of the right map.

=====
"Sometimes our best is not enough. We must do what is required." -- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Mike on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenario:
The Destruction of Mobile Base X-Ray
Product:
Romulan Border
Problem:
The scenario requires the Romulans to CAPTURE the base to win, a Romulan War Eagle only has 5 marines, the base has 8, plus an astute federation player will add marines from the DW. As it stands the scenario is unwinable by the Romulans.
Solution:
Add marines to the Romulan War Eagle
Change the victory conditions
Remove marines from the Federation units
Create a scenario specific rule for combat casualties
Any combination of the above
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: