Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcing Tribbles vs. Klingons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tribbles vs. Klingons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Announcing Tribbles vs. Klingons Reply with quote

"I fear no enemy, but tribbles give me the creeps."
--Admiral Kauldblud

The Klingon battlecruiser Ruthless is on combat patrol when a carton of tribbles loaded on board by traitorous Subject Races erupts in Cargo Hold Number Two. Tribbles quickly consume the stockpile of food in the compartment, then break out through air ducts, wiring conduits, and plumbing drains into other compartments. Panic ensues and the crew stampedes out of the three lowest decks by way of the transporters, maintenance shafts, and turbolifts. The captain, outraged by the cowardice of his crew, orders the Marines to storm their way into the lower decks and "Kill everything!" but only a few minutes later the deadly and fearless Klingon Imperial Marines retreat in blind panic, having abandoned most of their weapons and equipment. "Send us to the gadolinium mines if you will!" says one Marine sergeant major, "but I will not return to face those ... those THINGS." The captain, with only minutes before the Secret Police report the mutiny to higher commands and tribbles pouring out of the food replicators, calls for volunteers: "Promotions, medals, and transfer to guard a retirement colony await those who rid my ship of this pestilence!" he declares. Meanwhile, a pet cat brought aboard by a crewmen heads into the bowels of the ship on his own self-appointed mission of death.

TRIBBLES VS KLINGONS is a fast-playing game for two-to-six players. The game rules are only three pages long (strange since the designer's last "simplified" game has over 500 pages). The playing boards show the lower decks of a Klingon battlecruiser. Cast pewter warriors represent the players and the cat. Miniature balls of innocent fluff represent the tribbles. Die-cut playing pieces represent the weapons and other equipment left behind by terrified crewmen and panic-stricken Marines. Random cards allow you to send your rival warriors in the wrong direction, or provide them with weapons, or order them to chat with the secret police. An option allows players to play a "cooperative game" where the goal is to win as a team, not rinky-dink your rivals out of the battle space so you can claim all of the medals.

We plan to launch this game on Kickstarter sometime in late May or June, and release it this fall. If we raise enough money, the game will be improved with more and better maps, more and better playing pieces, and (of course) more tribbles!

FOr more information, see http://www.starfleetgames.com/Tribbles.shtml
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to play this one.

My Zombies!!! loving daughter is going to flip for it... hopefully.

Scoutdad's minis photos here!
trynda1701
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, so this is Project T?

D'oh! Why didn't we see this coming! Very Happy

Looking forward to see how this runs. Having played "Zombies!" before, it can be an absolute riot! And that would be just right for this premise!

Hmmm, different colours for different types of tribble. Bring on the rabid radioactive zombie tribbles, I say!

Mark

Check out www.AllScaleTrek.com. A new forum dedicated to Star Trek kits, miniatures and collectables.
Scharwenka
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How fun is this! I have an old tribbles card game, kind of like UNO, that was fun, this is even more fun and just maybe it's a game I can get my wife to play. Then Xander-ization map looks awesome.
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Cool i will definatly buy one as soon as it comes out.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Tribbles are innocent balls of fluff, are they?

[Plays card sending Jean to "assist the ESS with their enquiries"]

Perhaps you can explain your un-Klingon attitude... in the agonizer booth!
CyrDraconis
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd posted on this already - I dig. Would definitely buy a copy at retail.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are probably not going to launch this on Kickstarter this month -- we want all of you who supported Ogre to have time to recover!
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great.

In the FAQ it says, "Q: What are the Klingon warriors made of? "

I guess if we play this game, that's one way to find out Wink
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would probably be some copyright issue with this, but would there be a chance of including the "Cannibal Tribble?" Twisted Evil Those who play STO will know what I mean...

"Your knowledge of my existence must be punished" Twisted Evil
Carthaginian
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to know more about what the 'lone cat' on his 'self-appointed mission of death' is all about?

A third player option, perhaps? Wink
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you decide to go ahead and put this on kickstarter, i would definatly be a backer. Very Happy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every turn, each player getz to move the cat so many square. The cat ignores walls and people and well everything. He can move vertically between decks. Whatever square the cat lands in, he attacks one tribble (50-50 chance of a kill) and all of the rest of the tribbles scatter in random directions. While the can can win (if the players don't push their kill scores, since the cat would kill 3 tribbles a turn in a six player game) what he really does is change the tribble packs. Say I notice that Petrick is about to turn the corner and have a free shot at a huge pile of tribbles. I send the cat to scatter them so he has fewer targets. Say I notice that Leanna is about to be overwhelmed by a huge pack of tribbles. I send the cat to scatter them, leaving her only one or two she has to fight.
Carthaginian
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting dynamic- I like it.
It can cause a pain in someone's backside... or it can save it as well.
Mike
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klingons must have a way with cats that humans do not. I don't see how any cat is ever going to do what its master wants it to do!
Wink

=====
"Sometimes our best is not enough. We must do what is required." -- Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tribbles vs. Klingons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: