Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our 4 player campaign
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Jack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good games so far.

I await the outcome of the Ldr Vs Andro clash!

The USS O.Hardy is doing good work, near the space grabbing Gorns. Very Happy
Just wait until he is joined by the USS.S.Laurel!

I expect the attack on my planet to be repelled with ease by my Def Sat (maybe even a Sat Nav?) and Tug, they might call a police cutter to arrest the miscreants! Rolling Eyes

The Three musketeers on the other side of space are doing a fair job of annoying the Unspeakable Andro Mence!

p.s The Andros has somehow vapourised The Def Sats (a.k.a sat navs) . On the Central planet? Those fiendish Andros! Shocked

p.s also has a large share in a shuttle building company!

Last edited by Captain Jack on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops Smile

I was thinking there were suddenly less sats than I thought there were earlier, but put it down to various planets changing hands.
Captain Jack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you make some Gorn Def Sats disappear as well Question

It would be a great help Exclamation (and while you are at it, a BC, CL,FF he'll never miss them Shocked )

TrotskyTrotsky
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick Gorn report on the third campaign session. I am sure Lee will post the current map and add further details.

The session began with the Andros trying to cut a defended LDR convoy route. The Andros had a Conquistador, Python and Cobra. The LDR were defending with a NCC, CA and a damaged Frigate. The battle took place in an area with a pulsar, the pulsar only pulsed every 6 turns but its +1 for fire traced through it was a factor in the game. The two opponents performed a rather fetching ballet for a turn or two each one trying to get the other into optimal range. The damaged frigate took additional fire on the shield hit by the 1st turn pulsar and soon moved to disengage. Eventually significant fire was exchanged at range 3 between the remaining ships, a range which favoured the Andros, and the result was a crippled NCC and a Conquistador with near full front panels. The Lyrans disengaged and the Andros claimed the area and broke the LDR convoy route.

Over in the Gorn sector, the anticipated assault on the last remaining Federation planet did not occur as the Gorn DNLs were still degraded. Instead the Gorns spent considerable effort in eliminating the Federation Battle Frigate running around its interior and so secured internal Gorn space. The elimination of the Battle frigate was a short and bloody battle as it faced a Gorn BC with an Orion LR in tow. The Federation had to stand and fight as he was surrounded - it was the first destroyed unit in the campaign. The Gorns also moved aggressively towards the remaining Federation planet bordering Gorn space - although the Feds have it substantially garrisoned.

There was much discussion at the close of play on how this campaign will play out.

The Andros are playing a short game, they are not concerned about building up an economic base, and their ability to drop into areas they control at ease is a concern for all the powers. They have just constructed a Dominator, which is of course commanding respect from the rest of us. The Andros currently are within a few turns of either the Federation or LDR homeworlds, with the Federation looking the most vulnerable.

The LDR have the single most scary fleet on the board at present but have been forced back over the last few turns by the Andro offensive. Their large fleet is still also only 3-4 turns away from the Federation or Andro homeworld. The fleet looks plenty big enough to take down a Starbase.

The Federation have a small squadron running around inside Andro space, they took an Andro planet this turn. This squadron is close to the Andro homeworld but lacks any punch to take it on unless reinforced with lots of fast and expensive ships. The bulk of the Federation forces are moving towards the Gorn or are stationed on the planet facing the Gorns.

The Gorns have substantial forces only a few areas away from the LDR and Federation homeworlds. The question for them is whether to move on the heavily defended Federation planet or go straight for a homeworld?

The questions for next time are:

Who is going to bite the bullet and commit a large fleet to a decisive engagement, either fleet on fleet or against a homeworld? The Andros seem to be playing a short game and so the smart money is on them at present. We might see a concerted effort by the Andros, LDR and Gorns on trying to take down the Federation. What will the Federation response be? Maybe if we all start squabbling they will be able to sneak out and launch their own surprise assault - they do have a small force near the Andro homeworld they could reinforce with fast ships . Or might the Federation pull back to protect their homeworld and let the others exhaust themselves fighting to get there?

We will have to see...
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have the latest map up soon.

The Andro vs LDR was an interesting fight. The LDR had taken to heart the lessons learnt in our first encounter, in which a lone Andro at range 3 clobbered an LDR ship, but without the LDR ship having enough return fire to hurt.

In this fight the fairly even forces started near a Pulsar and moved at each other fast - speed 24 on both ships. This did, however, leave the LDR ships short on power as they has also filled up their ESGs. On impulse 3 the Pulsar hit everyone for 10 points of damage (on the Andro rear panels, and the LDR number 3). This took out some Andro phasers from burnthrough, I later regretted losing the ones I choose. Expecting a more left sided fight I lost the right side ones.

As we closed the LDR clearly showed that they were not going to be caught at range 3, wanting either range 4 where andro firepower drops noticeably or range 2 where theirs really ramped up. Despite the movement intiative the Andros were unable to line up correctly, and we both went past each other - whist I did get range 3 it was with LDR behind me. However, importantly, the enemy had exposed their number 3 shields, and whilst I could only rake up 5 phaser 2s (having lost 2 others to the pulsar) the LDR Frigate with an almost down shield was an obvious target - some aimed volleys later and the Frigate was reduced to an ESG and 2 gatlings, having used up his frame protecting the ESG. Unfortunately for the Frigate there then followed a stunning series of Hit and Runs raids that reduced it to a single gatling.

The Frigate started to run for home, whilst the Cruisers and Andros pulled around ready for the next turn and another attack run.

Early turn 2 saw the LDR cruisers and Andros turn at each other, but this time the LDR had not figured the distances as well as they had in the first pass, and the Andros centerlined the NCC at range 3. There was a heavy exchange of fire, the LDR ships were still just within the lensing effect of the Pulsar meaning that both sides were suffering the +1 penalty to shooting. The Andro fire was brutally effective, the first 2 ships aimed at power and did sterling work, the last ship not aiming at all but it hit nothing but weapons. The LDR return fire was less effective, 4 out of 8 disrupters hit, but crucilly the overloads were the ones that missed, their phasers did not do well either, and whilst the disrupter boosted burnthroughs hurt, the front panels still managed to just hold. Again Andro hit and runs did well, taking the last ESG from the NCC and a bit more power.

At this point the NCC was well and truly crippled, and I thought that I might be able to catch it prior to it escaping the following turn. However, it was just able to reach the map edge, and ready to move off next turn. With no Andro tractors! I was left with a desperate attempt to displace it, and hope to bring it back, but that failed.

The LDR CA after the main exchange had still posed some threat with ESG and gatlings, but seeing it was on its own and unable to out manouver me turned and left with the frigate.

The LDR therefore escaped with a crippled NCC and damaged FF, whilst the Andros were left undamaged. Given the LDR retreat was to their homeworld, the two ships were quickly repaired, however, at least the LDR convoy lines had been collapsed.

Elsewhere the Large LDR fleet, I decided, was just a bit too big to take on with my intruders. Whilst I was sure that I could inflict decent damage, possibly killing 3 cruiser sized ships in the first pass, I was equally sure that I would lose badly as well, probably being left with no satellite ships. Seeing the somewhat undefended (from my side) Fed home base I have jumped the Intruders to a staging area just a couple of zones away. The zone next to the Fed Home base is a dust cloud - a fantastic envirnment for Andros to fight in. If I can take that and drop the Dominator in (wow that crippled my economy this turn!) with some extra Vipers then I might have a shot at the Fed Star base.

As noted I am looking to win this quick. The Andros are best in smaller battles, and the longer the campaign goes on, the larger and beefier the enemy fleets get, the worse I will start to fare I suspect.

The LDR have a meaty looking fleet, that is capable of dealing with a starbase. They could make a run for mine, and hope to draw me off to defend it. They could make a run at the Fed Bsse, which is even closer to their fleet.

The Gorns can put together a good looking base killing fleet - 3 BCHs and 2 DNL with 4 other ships in support, that could well be enough plasma to kill any base.

The Feds are the ones really lacking a good chance of winning at thhis particular moment. They have good ships, but are a bit dispersed, and could well be looking at just trying to survive everyone else going for them.
Targ
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the LDR have 2 take on the Andro menace, but have a good fleet 2 do so. With that said the Feds do look weak and earth is closer by one move. So is it Spinward or Coreward?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Jack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation is simple. Unless the Gorn drop 3/4 raiding ships into sector 10, THE ANDROS HAVE WON!

I will make no great effort to protect my homeworld, it would be foolish for me to destroy an Andro fleet, just to have a Gorn one destory me a turn later, or LDR one after that.

Also the LDR need to raid the Andros.

Don't say you weren't warned of the Andro victory!!!!!!!!!!
[u]
[/u][/b]

Last edited by Captain Jack on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrotskyTrotsky
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Diplomatic dispatch Reply with quote

Diplomatic dispatch - Reptilian greetings to the warm bloods.

Dear Federation Commander - I appreciate the tactical advice.

Unfortunately I will have to decline your kind offer as my raiding ships are currently degraded and in no fit state to take on the Andros. In addition the dust cloud is also a poor environment for my seeking weapons. Area 10 will have to be ceded to the Andros.

We all understand the menace that the faceless Andromedans are posing to you or to a lesser extent the LDR.

Here is a proposal (although I don't think you will like it). The Andros do not have a good economic base - producing that Dominator has cost them dearly. Lee is playing a short game and we need to respond in kind. The only hope at the moment is to release the LDR so they can move on the Andro homeworld whilst we (Gorn and Federation) take on the current Andro threat.

Now this is the bit you are not going to like. You need to pull back to your home planet - you have a good starbase and a strong force. I will not attack your planet but send a small force through 36, 35 to confront the Andros, but which time my DNLs should be in good order.

If you can check the Andros at your homeworld and I cut off their retreat we should significantly reduce their ability to wage war, especially if the LDR are breathing down their necks. We can then go back to fighting each other...

I know you won't like this plan but I really have little interest in your planet (it would take 5 turns for the convoy to be established and I already have plenty of them). My plan is to sweep in either side of the planet anyway, so you are going to have to pull back or be surrounded so you might as well pull back now - I will respect your convoy route as long as the andro threat remains imminent.

This I believe is our only hope!
Captain Jack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you dropped your 3/4 (buy some more!) raiding dreads into sector 10, you can always flee if you arrive last( i.e choose not to fight). But if you arrive before the Andros, they must destroy you. Therefore go speed Zero they hv no chance of doing this. Shocked

If you and the Andros arrived at the same time then he would need to defeat me and U!

Hopefully you and the LDR we see the wisdom of raiding into sector 10 NOW. Because other wise THE ANDROS have won. Shocked

P.s I will not swap an Andro fleet next to my home planet for Gorn or LDR one!!!

Last edited by Captain Jack on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrotskyTrotsky
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brinkmanship at its best Smile
Targ
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack im not fooling 4 your scare mungering, you are just going 2 have 2 fall back.

P.S. God Dam it Man, show some back bone.:X
Captain Jack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be falling back! Stand and Fight, March or Die!!! Evil or Very Mad I will also not build anything! SO put that in your pipe and smoke it. Shocked Rolling Eyes
(or fake fag/cig!)

Last edited by Captain Jack on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
TrotskyTrotsky
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be too hasty, I reckon you can pump out seven police cutters each turn!
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez - no wonder the ISC thought you all needed keeping apart!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Campaigns All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: