Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kzinti Drone Counters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Kzinti Drone Counters? Reply with quote

While introducing FC to a friend, I pulled out the feds and Kzinti. I noticed the feds have like 40 or 50 drone counters while the Kzinti's only have 20. That threw me for a loop since Of the three drone races, the feds really have the fewest launchers as far as I know. I just assumed, the Kzinti had the most counters. I've been using old SFB drone counters, but they're a bit dull.

Anyway...I haven't bought transports attack, hydran attack, war & peace, or Orion Attack yet. Do one of those have more Kzinti drone counters?

I've been on the fence about which one to get first, so Kzinti drone counters would definitely tilt me to that one.

Thx.

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the Kzinti "single" drone counters are found in Klingon Border and Battleships Attack.

Two Kzinti "swarm" drone counters are found in Hydran Attack.

As an aside, of the choices in your list, War & Peace by far provides the greatest bang for buck as it introduces three new interesting empires to FC plus some of the 1/2" counters that had been previously missing (e.g., the D7C, which was misprinted as a third D7 in Klingon Border, and a comet).

It is followed by Hydran Attack, which provides the counters for its three associated boosters plus Booster #91, Booster #92, Transports Attacked and the 1/2" BATS counter that is missing from Klingon Border.

Note that the 1/2" counters for the new ships introduced in the boosters associated with Transports Attacked are included in Reinforcements Attack. Currently, large size counters are not available for those particular ships unless you cut out the ones on the back of the covers for those boosters.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/

Last edited by JimDauphinais on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 am; edited 7 times in total
The Ghost
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - On the store front you can buy a SFB ammunition counter sheet for $2. It has 14 Kzinti drones and two Kzinti multiple drone counters on it. The drones are identified by letters, I don't remember off the top of my head if Fed Cmdr is using letters or numbers.

http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=5611-3F&Category_Code=02
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, note that those use the old style SFB graphics, not the new FC style graphics.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been using the SFB ammunition counter from my SFB days for lack of anything better. Already got KB, KA, and BA so I guess I've got all their single counters...I just expected them to have the most single counters in the game. Oh well. I'll get over it.

If Hydran attack has their multi counters, I'll be picking that up next. Multi-counters would help out. The SFB ones work, they're just not as "cool" looking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: