Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wannabe Moderator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Wannabe Moderator Reply with quote

Hello DNordeen, Scoutdad, Blammo, Anybody,

I'm interested in moderating FC PBEM games and I've read these posts and the PBEM page and I still have a bunch of stupid questions. DNordeen, I've pm'ed you this same message but maybe I should have posted here first--my apologies.
So, here are my questions:

1. Does the moderator need to open a website to post the game status? Would a blog serve the same purpose?
2. What type of time limits do you use? How do you enforce them?
3. I've read the information on Mapmaker and I hate it. I don't have Corel Draw and I can't afford it. Is there an easier way to map the games ?

thank you,
Sebastian
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use a webpage at all. Haven't missed it.

I use OpenOffice for mapping, SITREP, ships, etc. It's free.

For updates, OpenOffice allows me to save everything as a PDF so I just email the files (ship cards, map, SITREP).

The due dates are in the rules.
2 days for EA
3 days for a new SOP
2 days for an updated SOP

I enforce them by taking hull hits. The specifics are in the rules. When there's no more hull, it's a DAC roll. I usually give a warning at day 1 and then start giving penalties on day 2.

PM me with your email and I'll cc you on the PBEM emails so you can get an idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: