Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a couple client questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinbot
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: a couple client questions Reply with quote

At the beginning of the game both of us were in observer state. We could send requests to the other player for 'player status' but the recipient didn't get any popup. After 5 minutes, an unanswered request was default approved. But what could we have done? Was it an error in setting up the room in the first place?

How do I see the load status of my enemy's photon torpedoes etc?

I had some kind of internet blip that caused me to lose my connection to the SFU server (although skype was unfazed). The client stayed open, but I was not logged in anymore, and when I tried to login it refused because my nickname was in use. I closed the client and was able to login again, but when I went to the room my ship was gone. Then Sebastian had trouble accessing the room. By the time he got reconnected, his ship was gone too. So--when I lost my connection, could anything have been done to save the state? And I take it that regular saves are a good idea?

Finally, I found a specific bug--P1's number 3 and 4 on the Seltorian CA cost 2 energy to fire instead of 1. I mention this as explanation for Sebastian, but also to ask--did I follow the correct protocol when I reported this via the client's 'Submit Feedback' feature?

Thanks!

Pinbot
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submit feedback should get to Paul Franz successfully.

However, it may not get fixed very fast. So, you'll need to advise your opponents and adjust energy levels to manually correct as necessary.

You have to ask your opponent about photon levels. The client is based off of the SFB client. I believe in SFB all that information is secret. You have a right to know it in FC. So, don't be afraid to ask your opponent.

There are a few other quirks that pop up from time to time.

One thing to remember is to frequently save your game. Also, if you need to reload a game, you need to each load the saved game and then resync to each other. The save files can be different, but they should be saves that were performed roughly at the same time. This said, if only one of you has a save file, you can restart by emailing the save file to the other player.

A key thing to remember is to always check to make sure energy calculations and shield damage are being correctly processed. You may need to make adjustments from time to time.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
pinbot
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, thanks for the answers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: