Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Online campaign Reply with quote

What sort of interest would there be for some form of campaign online.

Unless someone else wants to run it, It would probably be either somewhat abstract or small scale (anyone who has read my campaign threads can get some idea of the sort of things I might think about, though I'm open to ideas so long as I think I can find the time to keep on top of any bookkeeping/organsing).

To handle online I'd like at least 3 players per side so that there is hopefully less delay per turn due to one person being busy with real life, and handle drop outs better. More players = more sides maybe, or maybe still 2 sides but with more forces/battles per side.

Any way details are not really important at the moment, I'm just interested in whether anyone would be
A) up for it in principle
B) able to commit to a minimum of 1 battle per month.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For avoidance of doubt. The multiple people per side wasn't to have 3 players per side in each battle, but to improve the chances of someone being able to fight the battles each month.

E.g If the Feds have 2 battles agains the Klinks then the arrangement might be that 1 Fed player will play one of the battles with his 5 ships against all 3 Klink players (each presumably controlling 1 or 2 ships). The other battle may be the other 2 Fed players against 2 Klink players. In longer battles it might be that Fed player 1 plays the first session then Fed player 2 takes over for the 2nd session.

So it would require players who are happy to discuss with others both on your side and the enemy who has time to play and when.

I'd also add that it is wouldn't be necessary for everyone to get involved in the any sort of campaign decision making - if you just want to play the battles (accounting for any battle objectives issued by high command, e.g. bring back the DN at all costs) then that would be fine. So long as 1 person per side at least will handle any high level orders.
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im interested
nicole
Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested. I should be able to play a battle per month. This gets easier for me to do after Nov 3.

I am helping plan an Honor Harrington Sci-Fi Convention from 1-3 NOV in Greenville, SC (Honorcon.com) and that is taking a lot of my spare time right now. I will be hosting a Fed Com Tournament there as well as an X-Wing Miniatures Game and Star Trek Attack Wing tournaments. Anyhow, its keeping me busy. I hope to restart my life and spare time after that.

After the convention, I could increase my participation to include strategic/operational decision making for my force/team. For now I'll happily be a lowly Captain or Commodore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: