Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you have an ap for that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Do you have an ap for that? Reply with quote

So I was playing around with some of my aps, and thought...I wonder if there's an ap play aid for FC.

Is there? If not, could there be one for handling weapons fire and DAC?

I was imagining an ap with two tabs. One for weapons fire that allows you to choose number and type of weapons, input range and output total damage. The second would allow you to input internal damage and output a list of primary and alternate damage for each point.

That would be neat and be a helpful aid

Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a play aid in Excel to do just that. I am trying to learn Objective C in order to make one for the Ipad but it will take a while.

But this is for personal use only. One challenge in the case of a commercial app is that it should have images, sound effects and user interface elements that are probably an infringement of ADB's license with Paramount. You do want to hear the Phasers firing ,right ? And the panel and buttons for the Feds should not deviate too much from what was seen on TV and movies in my opinion.

I have never asked the question but I doubt ADB's license allows the use of sound effects and bridge design elements. It would be interesting to know...
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd be good with something basic rather than get into licensing issues.

Just some boxes with the weapon abbreviation and than the DAC list could be a column using the current DAC graphics. I care more about functionality than graphics, but I grew up with the video games of the 80s which had to worry about playability since graphics wasn't an option. Smile

Maxwell Luther
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'll be learning the Android native API this summer as part of grad school, and the thought had occurred to me to make a digital Ship Card with Die Roller and result generator.

You'd still be playing the physical game with maps and counters, and there would be no rule support, so you'd have to know what you were doing, so you would still have to buy the game. It would just make things a lot speedier and easier to keep track of.

I'll contact ADB tomorrow and see what the possibilities are and then I'll let you know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: