Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yay for Reinforcements Attack!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinbot
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Yay for Reinforcements Attack! Reply with quote

I just got R.A. and its boosters. I was kind of into it, but I have to admit part of my decision to buy was just 'voting with my dollars' to show approval for the idea of boosters with all new ships. As the sort of casual player that really doesn't need 3 copies of the same cruisers, I've only gotten a handful of the past boosters even though I have all the main products (except tugs, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the target audience there). Anyway, the variety of ships in the new batch is awesome, I loved seeing the gaps filled in as I integrated the new cards. So thanks and kudos!

For whatever it's worth, if you ever decided to release 'greatest hit' hodge-podge boosters of all 'bonus ships', I'd be totally into it. Of course, I understand the bonuses are spread out to boost more sales in general, so I'm not holding my breath.
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur about reinforcements attack, i really liked it.

I have all but battlships attack (dont like 300 point ships), and tugs but may be buying tugs. i also have all the ship packs but the gorn specific pack ( 11 i think).

I would like to see e23 packs that are new packs but made up of the new e23 ships from other packs. I have the klingon pack from e23 and was impressed with it, But see no reason to buy packs where i have all but one ship and have up to 5 copies of some of the ships.

Nicole
Spacecowboy87
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. There isn't a single ship card in Reinforcements Attack that I'm not glad to have Smile I expect the Boosters will be the same. As for e23, if they ever decide to sell individual ships Wink Wink I'd be willing to pay up to $2 a piece for them.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Reinforcements Attack is great and I have purchase all of the boosters for it.

While it has not been very well publicized, the recently released Fed Ship Card Pack #2 on e23 is similar to Klingon Pack #1 in that it includes several ships that have not been previously released in color (such as the Fed CB, BCP and DNW).

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've just become available over the pond here. Unforunately I've too many other expenses this month (cars Sad ). Hopefully next month I'll be able to get them.

Sounds like I'll need to get that e23 pack as well, though that'll have to wait as well at the moment.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only wish the K7R had made it into a booster, it is the only ship that I would like a squadron of. Everyone probably has one of these though.

RA is the best attack module yet though. I really hope there are more like this one.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you pick the 40 cards that people want most, the next one "like this one" won't be quite so popular as it will have everybody's 3rd choice.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it today, along with the booster packs. It all looks great, will examine them in more detail soon.
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now that these ships are out of the way SVC it opens up the door for other ships that people want most. Since everyone was voting there had to be compromises made, for example I wanted to see the Romulan converted D5, but alas it was dropped for the Vulture, a much needed ship.

I am sure if you decide to do another one of these products interest will be there simply because one man's third choice is another man's number 1 pick.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, doing a Reinforcements Attack #2 will be harder. Besides having scooped off the top 40 entrants, there is also the problem that the offering for some empires is now incredibly thin. Sure, the Romulans can always offer up cool stuff (KCR, KDR, Demonhawk), but others are already scraping the bottom of the barrel (Tholian, Orion, Seltorian, Vudar).

Besides which, it looks like the next focus will be on some new classes for Federation Commander (DWL, CWL, CCH) and Briefing #3 (troop ships, survey ships, scout ships). Plus the oft-discussed BoM/Fighter products. (No inside knowledge here. This is just what I remember seeing mentioned last.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savedfromwhat wrote:
... for example I wanted to see the Romulan converted D5, but alas it was dropped for the Vulture, a much needed ship.

For the record the KD5R wasn't dropped for the Vulture. The first two Romulan ships were the Vulture and the K7R. The KD5R was always behind them. The real question was whether the Romulans would get a third ship, or just live with the first two. In the end, it was decided that another empire needed that ship slot more. (Or maybe it lost to the BATS. I forget exactly.)

In addition, the KD5R has another huge handicap: It is an historical footnote! In reality, the ship that should be included ahead of the KD5R, is the KD5WR. See, those three D5s were only in the KD5R configuration for about a year. They were almost immediately converted into KD5WRs, and that is the configuration they served the vast majority of their service lifetimes in. The ship that should really be considered is the KD5WR, not the KD5R.

Which is too bad. I personally have always liked the KD5R. I like that it is a war cruiser that does NOT have the 1S+2F armament. It is a great ship. I like it way better than the KD5WR, but cannot justify including it before the KD5WR.

ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could always be a new e23 pack of the cool romulan ships.

Nicole
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrcalamine wrote:
There could always be a new e23 pack of the cool romulan ships.

Yes, that is definitely always possible. I think it would be cool to get the whole DN,BCH,CC,CA,CW,DD,FF line-up for the Romulans in their KR ships. So far we have the DN, CC, CA, other CA, and DD. It would be nice to see the BCH (KC7R), DW (KD5R), and FF (KE4R) done. The KF5WR would be a nice bonus.

Then throw in the Demonhawk just for fun. Smile

Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike to be clear, I am a player, and I wanted the K5DR more than the vulture, but early on it was determined that the Vulture was "needed" for tournaments (where the Romulans still kinda suck I might add). My point was exactly this, that there are ships that would be other players number one picks for another reinforcement like product. I like the E23 ships and would love to see a Romulan themed pack like that, but I also prefer ship cards. Main reason I don't play SFB is that there are no ship cards.
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kzinti's are getting a little low on ships too. I think there's only like 5 or 6 that aren't going to be accounted for after Briefing #3. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: