Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scouts and Drone Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Scouts and Drone Control Reply with quote

Just putting this here for comment.

Right now you can not transfer drone control which is fine with me but, should we look at giving ships with Special Sensor a Drone Control Rating or 12, or maybe allowing a Special Sensor to be used to double a scouts self drone control ability?

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dal, I seem to recall asking about htis earlier and was told that transfer of drone control would not happen in Fed Comm.
Perhaps its time to re-visit the issue, but I do seem to recall it was one of those no-go items once upon a time.

Maybe after the Steves return from thier "live fire" exercise, they'll be more ameniable to reconsidering it?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drone transfer is a no from me. Even though I'm about to be playing Kzinti in out next campaign and would get huge benefit from it (probably far more than anyone else exept maybe drone spam orions). Its bad enough tracking what controls what at the moment, without having to get into whether 1 or 2 drones have been transferred etc. A simple global fleet control limit would be nice and simple, but potentially unbalancing, or at least alter the way the game plays quite a bit.

We have talked about sensors having better drone control in the past, I believe it was in an early set of BOM playtest sensor rules. But extra control on the scout itself is largely moot as there are very few ships with sensors and enough drone racks to actually get beyond 6 drones in practical terms.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear I was not asking for Drone Control too be transferred to a Scout. I was asking if scouts should have at higher Drone Control limit.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more replying to scoutdads comment re: transfer.

Do you mean the scout have higher drone control by default, or via using a scout channel? Is there some particular ship you are thinking of? most scouts I'm aware of wouldn't benefit particularly from such a change, though I have no great problem with it.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dal Downing wrote:
To be clear I was not asking for Drone Control too be transferred to a Scout. I was asking if scouts should have at higher Drone Control limit.

Ah. Sorry Dal - misunderstood the question.

Increased drone control limits for scouts... not sure many ships would benefit from that. There are few that could, but is it would it be enough to warrant an exception tothe rules (of a new rule, as the case may be)?
Hmmm...
Off to do a bit of research before offering up another bit of ill-informed, but well-intentioned advice. Wink
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...most of the Kzinti drone cruisers are also listed as scouts. Other than that, I don't think any other races would benefit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: