Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hun in the Sun is Ton of Fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean Xor
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Hun in the Sun is Ton of Fun Reply with quote

My friend and I played the Hun in the Sun scenario that was included in the latest communique (#89(, and it was an absolute blast to play.

I played the Klingons, and it was very getting to take the "perfect shot" at the beginning of the game. Despite getting to do a lot of damage at the beginning, the Klingon F5W was still serious outgunned, so that made an interesting fight.

The rules of not being able to fire in the direction of the star glare is what really made the scenario neat. Both of us tried to maneuver to us the solar glare to our advantage while not having to much of our shields shaved away by the radiation.

I do not know how often people play the scenarios from the communique, but I just wanted to throw out there that I thought this was a great one and it is well worth playing.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww gee, thanks for that. Glad you liked it! (I wrote it) You may like to try the scenario again with the F5 placed as originally written: "Set up a Klingon F5W in any hex within 3 hexes (but not in the same hex) of the Federation ship in direction B through C, facing at the owning player's discretion." This gives it a much better 'free shot'; I don't know why they changed it for publication - perhaps a play-balance issue? It worked perfectly well during playtesting....

There's also one erratum - there's a slight error that appears to have crept into the scenario in the bit about 'Effects of star glare' - a seeking weapon will miss its target if it impacts its target from direction E or F, not B or C. The idea is of course that the weapon cannot 'see' its target against the star's glare. But you've probably figured that out already Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: