Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTASF 1.2 Plasma rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: ACTASF 1.2 Plasma rules Reply with quote

Do I have the following correct? Plasma torpedoes fired in seeking mode roll one die per torpedo. So, for a plasma S fired at 8" range at the side of a target with a max speed of 12" and no other modifiers, the to-hit is 3+. On a 1-2, the torpedo misses, and no damage is caused. On a roll of 3-6 the torpedo hits. There is 1 Energy Bleed, so 3AD hit, and the defender can fire phasers to reduce the # of AD. The defender hits with 2 phasers, reducing the AD to 1, so 4 damage is done to the shields.

Plasma Bolts are Direct Fire, so they roll once per AD. A Plasma S at range 5 loses 2 AD, so would roll two AD to hit. Each to-hit would be 2-6 (Accurate +3, but -1 for over half range), and each AD that hits would cause 2 damage. If a roll was a 6, the damage would penetrate shields.

Any critical caused would be 2 hits, as plasma is Devastating+1.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... let's see...
Bear with me. I'm so congested today my brain hurts - so I'll have to work through this one step by step.

Max speed of 12 divided by 2 equals a 6 to hit.
Accurate +3 means you need a 3 or better (3 +3 for accurate) = 6.

Plasma S fired at 8" is less than half range, so no additional modifiers.

on a 1 or 2, the torpedo misses. On a 3+ it hits.
Plasma S is 4 AD, so it'll lose 1 AD due to energy bleed. When it impacts, it hits for 3AD of Damage.
Roll a single die to hit (it's a single torpedo, after all). The roll is a 4, so the torpedo hits. The defender now has the opportunity to use defensive fire. Two phasers whittle away 2 more AD of the torpedoes strength, so it does indeed impact for 4 points of shield damage.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plasma Bolts OTOH...

Plasma S at 5 inches does lose 2 AD, leaving 2 AD to possibly hit the target. So you would roll 2 dice to see if they hit. One, or both, or none of the AD could hit.
The bolts hit on a 2 or better... Accurate +3 means that only a one misses.
On a roll of 6, the damage would bypass the shield.

And any critical hits caused are Devastating +1, so they would effectively score two levels of damage on each system roll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: