Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tin Soldier, Sydney, Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Tin Soldier, Sydney, Australia Reply with quote

I will be running Romulan Border demonstrations at the Tin Soldier, Sydney, in the New Year. I'm going to try to make it a once-a-month thing, with the first in January. I will announce dates and times early in January.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: FEDERATION COMMANDER DEMO NOW SCHEDULED Reply with quote

Federation Commander Demonstration

I will be running a Federation Commander demonstration at Tin Soldier, 84 York St Sydney, on Thursday 11 January from 5pm until closing time (10pm?). Miniatures will be supplied.

Finding the Tin Soldier: Tin Soldier is in the block between Market St and King St, roughly in the middle of the block on the Eastern side of the street. It is located belowground, and shares an entrance with a cafe. Look for a black-and-white illuminated sign above the footpath. If you get lost, just call the store on 92792668.

If you can't make it, don't worry, I'll try to run a demo every two weeks, or more often if there is demand. Keep looking here for further announcements.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I'd come out to see ya, Terry...but I can't swim that far. Very Happy Australia is a long way from Texas.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know... there might be some other Aussies reading the site. I've already "sold" one copy of Romulan Border, just by showing an ex-SFBer the contents and rulebook! So I think we'll soon see more Australians playing FC.

I'll try and take some photos for our absent friends! Very Happy
Vanessa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Pictures! yeah!
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Action Report

Success! I have shown the manager, Drew, Romulan Border. Very positive reaction. His words to a customer:

customer: "What's this?"
Drew: "It's a new game we're going to stock. The boss just doesn't know it yet"

and also
"I'm extremely impressed... and I haven't even scored damage yet"
and "It's just like SFB, but fun"

I showed it to ex-SFBers and a few Starfleet Command players. Main selling points are that everything is on the ship card, there's really no complex recordkeeping. The only two ex-SFBers who stopped to chat said that they got frustrated with SFB because of the huge rulebook, so Federation Commander seems right on target.

As a result, Tin Soldier is now going to stock Federation Commander. I will follow up this success with more demos in future. I already have a few ideas for improving the presentation of my demonstrations.
Vanessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry~

If you'll send me an address...I'll send marketing materials to help the store and you both...will even send some of those bonus cards. Wink Just PM the info to me.
Subfuture
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How goes the push, last time I was there there still seemed to be a plan to stock it but some resitance to a minimum product order they would have had to make, which suggested it would be a while before they actually stock the product, which is a pitty as I had to buy klingon border at too great a price from games paradise, and have since orderd romulan space and tholian attack direct from adb to avoid the whole issue.
Kirok
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: G'Day Reply with quote

Hi Terry -

Like I said in my email, Chris and i are going to make arrangements to get into Sydney over the coming school holidays to have a go at FC. I've just downloaded the First Missions package and me an' me mate are going to see if we can get the basics of the game down pat before hand.

I'll contact you off-list about a mention in our Newsletter.

Cheers

K
----------------------Lt Cmdr Kirok of L'Stok ----------------------
----- Email ------<editorsb@uss-southerncross.com>-------(#!#)------
-- Editor, ScuttleButt: The Newsletter of the USS Southern Cross ---
-----------<http://www.uss-southerncross.com/news.htm>--------------
----------------batlHa' vangIu'taHvIS quv chavbe'lu' ---------------
------ One does not achieve honour while acting dishonourably ------
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kirok.

Next game is at Good Games, Thursday 28 June, at 1pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: