Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hand full of questions from someone new(ish) to SFU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean Xor
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Hand full of questions from someone new(ish) to SFU Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been playing Federation Commander fairly regularly for a little over a year. One of the things that I find most appealing about the game is how open it is for creativity. I have made a few scenarios, and our plays through them have been promising.

I had some questions about how to submit scenarios. I tried searching on the website for how to do it. If there is a definite document that answered all my questions, I failed to find it. Here are some of the questions I had about submitting scenarios:
1. To submit scenarios electronically where do I send it?
2. Is there an official subject line that is to be used for submissions?
3. Other than following the scenario guidelines present in Briefing #1, are there any other formatting standards I should know before submitting?
4. What sort of file type should I send the document in?

I really like the narrative aspect of scenarios, and this has led me to think about dusting off my fiction writing skills that I have not used for a few years. I have many of the same questions about submitting fiction that I have for scenarios. Is there anything different to the process of submitting fiction compared to scenarios?

Finally, I have recently ran across a couple of instance of potential piracy of ADB stuff. I know they are big on stopping that. How do I report it?

Thanks!
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. design@starfleetgames.com is normally the best place.
2. New Scenario should work for that.
3. http://www.starfleetgames.com/Scenario_Outline.shtml
4. PDF would help, since they mostly use Macs, but even placing it in a Notepad or wordpad should be ok.

Reporting piracy, can use the same email above or post to
Dear Jean: Webmom on the Discus forum.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand full of questions from someone new(ish) to SFU Reply with quote

Sean Xor wrote:
4. What sort of file type should I send the document in?

Honestly, forget PDF. The best format to send it in is plain, unformatted text. Bonus points if the text is placed directly into the email itself, rather than as an attachment.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another tip -

This board is mainly for fans to talk about the games.

All the development work and discussion of submittals really happens on the legacy discus bbs:
http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/

There are threads for fiction writers, SFB scenario writing, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: