Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlewagon available as a PDF
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "20 years out of print"?

SFB is not out of print, and other than a month here and there while waiting for a shipment of parts, never has been out of print.

SFB is the company's best selling product line. For a while FedComm outsold it but both FedComm and ACTASF caused a surge in SFB sales.
brucesim2003
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are talking about battlewagon, hence the thread title. Wink

I guess we all have a Doh!!! moment. Razz

Cheers

Bruce
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody was asking about (and somebody else was talking about) the BPV formula for SFB. That's what I was answering. Does Battlewagon HAVE point values? I don't have a clue. Never played it or even read it.
ElizabethB
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlewagon does have point values.
brucesim2003
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Somebody was asking about (and somebody else was talking about) the BPV formula for SFB. That's what I was answering. Does Battlewagon HAVE point values? I don't have a clue. Never played it or even read it.

Nobody in THIS thread mentioned SFB at all. I was the only one to mention the point value formula.

Cheers

Bruce
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ones ever mentioned any BPV Formula, that wasn't SFU since it began.
That's where the confusion came in.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you see Bruce, everybody instantly thought you were asking about SFB's BPV formula. Everyone but you thought that's what we were discussing.
brucesim2003
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that may be the case, but in a thread about battlewagon, a stranger to the site (as I basically am), in the absence of any clarification, would assume the question was about battlewagon, hmmm?

Cheers

Bruce
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, I think part of the confusion is that ADB/Steve Cole didn't design Battlewagon. As the description says, it was designed by someone at Task Force Games and we inherited it in the divorce. You'll notice SVC didn't write the articles we have released.

So when a point value formula is asked for, the only one we have is for SFB. Many, many people have asked for it and our answer is always, "No." people have tried to finagle it out in various ways, so we've gotten quick at the preemptive "no."

I honestly wish the articles had worked out. Sadly they take too much editing from the OCR process -- words get run together, letters are completely wrong, and charts get muddled. Only by checking the original can I make sure what was meant.
brucesim2003
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean, that's fair enough. I just detected a hint of indignation in Steve's reply to my "20 years out of print" post. As a (relative) stranger to the site, I didn't know that mentioning the point formula was taken as meaning the sfb formula. I just thought that the thread title would have conveyed that the inqiry was about battlewagon.

Cheers

Bruce
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sixth historical scenario for Battlewagon has been released from the vaults of Nexus!

Battlewagon Article #6: Battlewagon Scenario - Pacific Nights: Four Pacific Scenarios.

You can get it on Warehouse 23: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ADB2011-06

DriveThru RPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/156565/

and Wargame Vault: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/156565/

Historical Background: Between August 1942 and the end of 1943, Japanese and Allied naval forces clashed in more than a dozen nighttime surface actions. These battles were generally the result of attempts to land, supply or evacuate troops in the Solomon Islands. Although Guadalcanal is certainly the best known of these islands, other invasions in the Solomons also resulted in sea fights. Allied landings at New Georgia, Vella Lavella and Bougainville all provoked sorties from the large Japanese naval base at Rabaul.

Either actual or threatened Allied air superiority caused these battles to be fought at night. This suited the Japanese well; they had trained long and hard in night tactics, concentrating on the use of their excellent torpedoes. Although the Allies had the advantage of radar, they did not learn how to use this advantage effectively until well into 1943. Only then could the Allies outfight the Japanese in night actions.

Published at the end of 1985, this scenario requires the second edition of Battlewagon.

[Note that we are going to monitor the sales of this article to see if it pays for Jean's time.]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Amarillo Design Bureau Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: