Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News about the future of the 2500s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

2500 GENERIC Free/Prime Trader and Armed Transport/Cutter. (missing Book One ship): CGI, prototype, master, production mold all done by Mongoose pre-contract change. Now in production and on sale. Will be moved to the 2425 category and sold as the Prime Trader since it is the same size as the 2400 Free Trader, which will also be moved to 2425. Entry will be deleted in a later update.

I can see the Armed Transport in the online store but not the Free Trader. Will it be available for purchase soon ?
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Trader: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=0109-1&Category_Code=
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jean but I was referring to the 2500 one. Or has it been cancelled ?
I know the size is the same but the CGI 2500 version has a lot more detail as you can see in this picture:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151925455888280&set=pb.231728653279.-2207520000.1384615105.&type=3&theater
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't been cancelled, but may not be in the store at the moment.

ADB is busy working with Mongoose to figure out what was where in the process, when the joint venture was changed recently.

Per Steve Cole's most recent guidance, both the Starline 2400 and the Starline 2500 versions of the APT and the Trader will continue.

As you note, they ended up being essentially the same size, so it really boils down to styling and details.

The two "APT" minis will be marketed separately as Starline 2425 products, one as the Armed Priority Transport and the other as the Armed Cutter.

The two "Trader" minis will be marketed separately as Starline 2425 products, one as the Free Trader and the other as the Prime Trader.

This conveniently give folks the choice of buying either version. All four will be "official". But you can pick the one with styling you like, or go crazy and buy them all for variety.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APT: I thought we already had that on the cart.

Lyrans: Well, I have to find all of the records for where they were. That takes over an hour per ship and I do one or two ships a day. I'll probably get to them within a week.

I have no idea where they are design wise, but they were still being revised. So figure 3-7 days to find them, 5-60 days to get them revised, 7-30 days to get a prototype here, assuming it passes muster it goes to AOG and waits until there are "about six" ships waiting to go into the next master mold, then we get masters and assuming they are good the approval process takes a few days and the clean up process a week or two. Then a week or two to get a production mold, then a week to get stuff made and another week to get it from Ohio to Amarillo.

I really want to have Lyrans for the relaunch which I really want to do in March, but we'll see how it goes.
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

ARE THESE GOING TO BE MADE FOR STARLINE 2500 STEVE : Fed Destroyer (DDG, DD-FJ).? Wink
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Maybe. Probably eventually. The problem is that I don't have a license to do a mini of the FJ-DD (maybe I can get one, maybe not) but I think I can do the DDG, which is slightly different.
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If folks chip in to sponsor licensing a ship maybe they could get their ship names on a decal sheet, or something to that effect. I'd be willing to pitch in.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Licensing the DD-FJ is not a money issue. It's a "will she agree" issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starline 2500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: