Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCOL Tourney Spring 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Gorns if it was a 99*99 map and everyone was at 1.00. I might even take them on a 84*60 map, but I haven't really thought about that. I've grown to dislike maps where someone does not have enough room to run whilst reloading.

When others are getting cheaper ships at 0.92 though not so much, but it may be an interesting challenge.

But ignore me, I doubt I'll be playing anyway (although I'm vaguely tempted).
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a particular reason why the three War and Peace empires (Andromedan, Inter-Stellar Concordium, Vudar) are not on the list of sanctioned forces?

It's been a few years by now since FC:W&P was published (and the rules for these three factions added to recent revisions of the Reference Rulebook). Would that not have been enough time for them to be available for people to play and get a handle on, in order to let them take part in a tournament setup?

For my part, I wouldn't be in a position to sign up. But it seemed like a conspicuous omission to have three formally published empires out in the cold when empires like the Frax (which have no laminated counters) are able to make the cut.

Unless there is a problem in terms of using the Andros, ISC, or Vudar in the FCOL client. It would be unfortunate if this were the case.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCOL limits to the best of my knowledge
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be somewhat wary of larger fleet sizes. That will increase the time to play a game quite a bit - more EA and more ships to move and handle each impulse can be quite bad. Being able to choose between 3 heavy cruisers or 5 destroyers or whatever may be a more interesting choice, but will likely increased game length get in the way of a tourney.

I agree with patrick about suicide shuttles though.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
Is there a particular reason why the three War and Peace empires (Andromedan, Inter-Stellar Concordium, Vudar) are not on the list of sanctioned forces?

It's been a few years by now since FC:W&P was published (and the rules for these three factions added to recent revisions of the Reference Rulebook). Would that not have been enough time for them to be available for people to play and get a handle on, in order to let them take part in a tournament setup?

For my part, I wouldn't be in a position to sign up. But it seemed like a conspicuous omission to have three formally published empires out in the cold when empires like the Frax (which have no laminated counters) are able to make the cut.

Unless there is a problem in terms of using the Andros, ISC, or Vudar in the FCOL client. It would be unfortunate if this were the case.

I was unaware that they had been added to the Ref Rulebook. I have not updated mine. I will check with Paul on their availablility.
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think gorns should be .92

i think 2 ships of one class is enough
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email blast has been sent out. I am using MailChimp this time. If there is an issue you not receiving it. Please tell me.

Note: I have only sent the Email to people are currently active Fed Com members.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, still looking for more entrants. Write me at stilleon@gmail.com to enter. Deadline coming up.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is signed up so far?

I never received a confirmation of my signup e-mail.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tourney question

1) will the rules for cloaking or will the proposed cloaking rules be used with action summaries to help the rules decision

2)can the orion ships be used as wyn ships. they are in the rules and the client allows for wyn configuration. Only three types of orions were sold to wyn without engine doubling

3) can some one please post ships in the client , my subscription expired after the last failed tourney. I intend to play but would like my subscription to start when the tourney does.

thank you
Nicole
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole,

Eric is allowing in more of the Frax ships (the subs and ships with Axions) and allowing the Wyn in, but here is the list from last online tournament:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=59486#59486

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Patrick Doyle
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I sign up for the tournament? I'm planning to play.

Thanks.
Pat

ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone stand by. Dealing with some personal stuff. Patrick, write me at stlleon@gmail.com.

I'll be sending out info Thursday.
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: NCRCALAMINE/MONTY Reply with quote

NCRCALMINE and Monty:

Are you in for this tournament? Please write me at stilleon@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: