Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Available as PDFs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone,

Steve has already stated that Fed Pack 1 is already set.

Also, there is a separate thread where ship suggestions can be made. All of the none-BoM ships have already been listed there. Steve will select out of that list what he wants, based on the limitations of source, etc.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More e23 goodness! Federation Ship Pack #1 is up.
http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4805

Six Federation Commander ship cards for the United Federation of Planets, including:

* The dreadnought
* Battlecruiser
* Command cruiser
* Heavy cruiser
* Light cruiser
* Frigate

Also included is a new scenario and the graphics for the counters. Each ship is presented in high resolution in both Fleet Scale and Squadron Scale.

Enjoy!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enter the cats! The Kzinti Ship Pack #1 is on e23.

Six ships for the Kzintis, those tigermen who torment the Klingons and scare the Federation, including:

* The Dreadnought
* Heavy Battlecruiser
* Command Cruiser
* Battlecruiser
* Light Cruiser
* Frigate

These ships are presented in high resolution. Also included are graphics for counters and the scenario Showdown at Grimrock, where Kzinti and Klingon ships clash in space while Klingon and Kzinti Marines clash on the planet below!

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4807

Enjoy!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention Federation Commander players and Omega fans! The FC Omega playtest book is up on e23. Topics will be opened on the Forum and the BBS for reporting your results. Kudos to Gary Carney and Richard Smith for getting this up!

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4809

BEYOND THE VOID LIES ... OMEGA!

On the far side of the ISC is the impenetrable Galactic Void, a dead zone in which no ship can survive. Beyond that void lies the Omega Sector, a wild and warlike area where two dozen empires battle for survival with new ships and new weapons. These empires and ships have previously been presented for Star Fleet Battles (in a series of five modules) and now, this playtest pack makes five of those empires available for testing under the Federation Commander game system.

The rules are not proofread and need testing. Reports should be made on the Forum, for use in developing a formal product. Some "art" is not included in this playtest package.

Included here are rules for a dozen new weapons, background for five of the empires, and two typical ships each for the Męsron Alliance, Trobrin Empire, and Probr Revolution and one ship each for the Iridani Questors and the Federal Republic of Aurora. (Each ship is presented in Squadron Scale, and in both full color and low-toner versions.)
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it. Will read it. Thanks.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These...are...awsome! I will try to test them as soon as I can.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gorns are coming! The Gorns are coming! Wait! They are here! Gorn Ship Card Pack #1 is out with a scenario and counters. Check it out on e23.

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4808

Six more full-color ship cards for Federation Commander, this time from the Gorn Confederation. Included are the:

* Dreadnought (DN)
* Heavy Battlecruiser (BCH)
* Command Cruiser (CC)
* Battlecruiser (BC)
* Light Cruiser (CL)
* Destroyer (DD)

Also included is Scenario 8C9 My Brother My Enemy (in which a planet of mind-controlling plants take over a Gorn ship and attack another Gorn ship) and graphics for the counters needed by these ships.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: FC RRB & F&E Compendium?! Reply with quote

Just got a notice from e23 saying that the Federation Commander Reference Rulebook and the Captain's Log F&E Compendium are released on e23.

FCRRB seems to be the same as the print version, i.e. the rules, all the rules, and nothing but the rules (no scenarios or ship descriptions) and the F&E compendium collects all the Federation & Empire stuff from Captain's Logs #20 through #40 inclusive. Which is about 260 pages' worth of Q&A, tactics and scenarios.

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5718 [Edited by WebMom -- This is the F&E Compendium]

and

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB4020 [Edited by WebMom -- This is the FC Reference Rulebook]
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry, thanks. I just spotted it this morning.

The F&E Compendium is the same as the print item.

[Edit-- The FC Reference Rulebook is the same as the print version, but you can get the War and Peace update for free when it comes out next year.]

Here are the descriptions:

FC Reference Rulebook: The most requested Federation Commander product, the Reference Rulebook is the complete rulebook players have demanded.

This is the complete rulebook, with all of the rules from Klingon Border, Klingon Attack, Romulan Border, Romulan Attack, Tholian Attack, Booster Zero, Battleships Attack, Communique, Distant Kingdoms, Orion Attack, and Captain's Log. This includes all of the RULES with all of the updates, revisions, examples, expansions, corrections ... all of it!

This is a RULE book and does not include scenarios or ship descriptions. It's just the rules, ma'am. But it is ALL OF THE RULES, in one book, in order, front to back, with everything added, inserted, edited into the rules, and rewritten to clarify the rules and make them high and tight, ready for battle. (The term "master" is used only for one of our other product lines, but if you were looking for an FC Master Rulebook, this would be it.) We will continually update this PDF as new rules (and rulings) are added; the next update (including War & Peace) is scheduled for January. (There is no reason to wait for it, since that update will be free. You can have a searchable PDF rulebook NOW!)

++++++

For the Compendium:

Every issue of Captain's Log magazine includes a section of new material (tactics, scenarios, ship, errata, Q&A, rulings) for Federation & Empire, and this 260-page compendium has them all! Every F&E article (indeed, the entire F&E sections) from Captain's Log #20 through Captain's Log #40. These have not been updated or edited from the original publication, and are provided for reference and player convenience. That's a LOT of F&E material, much of it available nowhere else, in one helping.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Jean on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RRB on e23 is exactly the same as the print edition. (We print from PDFs, so Leanna just uploaded the PDF that she prints from. Get it?)

We do plan to do an updated RRB in January 2011, and will replace the e23 file then. The way e23 works, if you buy the current RRB in Nov 10 you can replace it for free with the updated RRB in 2011.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool to see this on e23! I have few quick questions about the planned January RRB update:

With the January update for the War & Peace rules, will the WYN Radiation Zone rules also be added (they were mistakenly left out of the rev5 RRB)?

Will it also include all the CRUL rulings to date, or just War & Peace rules?

Will the updated January RRB also be available from the ADB store as a hard copy (I can see wanting to have both a hard copy and electronic version)?

I realize it might be a little too early for answers to those questions (and plans might change), but this sounds exciting, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Garrett
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not Steve, and anything I say on this is not binding to Steve or ADB. That said, I am highly certain that an update RRB will include the rules from W&P (and anything else that is released at the end of the year). It won't include BoM rules. It will include the WYN Radiation Zone rules. It will include all rulings and clarifications up to that point. (Subject to being missed. This is a project done and assembled by humans, and it is entirely possible to miss something. It will be accidental, not intentional, though.)

The biggest question in my mind is if it will continue to be "annotated" style changes, or if rules will be rewritten as necessary. Personally, I hope for (and will provide whatever is necessary to get) the second, but it will likely be dictated by time constraints more than anything else.

Finally, as ADB uses a PoD structure for its hard copy materials, I have to believe a hard copy version will also be available.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
I am not Steve, and anything I say on this is not binding to Steve or ADB. That said, I am highly certain that an update RRB will include the rules from W&P (and anything else that is released at the end of the year). It won't include BoM rules. It will include the WYN Radiation Zone rules. It will include all rulings and clarifications up to that point. (Subject to being missed. This is a project done and assembled by humans, and it is entirely possible to miss something. It will be accidental, not intentional, though.)

The biggest question in my mind is if it will continue to be "annotated" style changes, or if rules will be rewritten as necessary. Personally, I hope for (and will provide whatever is necessary to get) the second, but it will likely be dictated by time constraints more than anything else.

Finally, as ADB uses a PoD structure for its hard copy materials, I have to believe a hard copy version will also be available.

Cool, thanks. To help with some of the updates, I had a few additional corrections that weren't listed in the latest CRUL. They can be viewed in this thread (first post): http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2930

Thanks,

Garrett
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I love you all, but please don't start discussing changes to the FC RRB here. If you do, I will be forced to either thwack you with the knobbly maple cane or whang you with the #8 Griswold cast-iron frying pan.

Thanks for staying on topic,

Jean
Wearing her WebMom hat.
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmom, am I allowed to comment here that the FC RRB works well on my Kindle, even though the kindle's pdf viewer is kinda bad?

For instance searching doesn't work quite right, however, if you look on the index for the number, and type in, for example, "4C1", it took me to the first part of the Photon rules..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: