Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omega Playtest Rulebook version 3 feedback/discussion thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Omega Playtest Rulebook version 3 feedback/discussion thread Reply with quote

With version 3 of the FC Omega Playtest Rulebook now available, please post any comments, criticisms, or other thoughts about the latest revision to the file in this thread.

(Any topics on the broader issue of the Omega project for FC should be posted here instead.)
Nerroth
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As noted elsewhere, the version 3 file includes a "bonus" Ship Card.

But there is one minor detail that is on there which I hadn't thought of when doing the main v3 file itself (to which the bonus card was added later on).

If you look at the Weapons Used track for the bonus ship, you'll see that the TM launchers are added in (they are absent from the equivalent tracks on the Maesron ships in the file proper, due to an oversight on my part), and that I've grouped them into a single box, like this:

[Y Z]

The reason why I did this was to show that the racks are paired, and that you can only launch from one rack per pair in a given turn. (I got the idea from how the rear-firing Plasma-Fs are shown on ISC Ship Cards, as shown here.)

Any future ships with an odd number of TM launchers would still list the "spare" rack separately, though it would still only be able to launch once every second turn.

So, were there to be a Ship Card for the Maesron CAF, the TM portion of its Weapons Used track might look something like this:

[X Y][Z]

Does that look like it might work?

(I'm not able to make the boxes look the same way here that they do over on the BBS...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: