Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shrinking Population?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joycem137
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Shrinking Population? Reply with quote

My local gaming store seems to be shrinking their Federation Commander material. We asked about who buys FedCom stuff there, and apparently, it's just me, my fiancee, and someone else.

It's quite sad.

Is the FedCom population shrinking? Are we getting fewer players? Gosh, I hope not, because this game is too awesome to see fade into nothing! Smile
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the overall population of Fed Com gamers is shrinking. My understanding is that FC continues to sell well. (I am not an employee of ADB, Inc. so this is not in any way "official".) Different areas and stores will have different gamer populations, and a game that is popular in one part of the country can have no players in another part.

Jean Sexton would probably encourage you to do Ranger demonstrations of the game if you have time, or form a battlegroup. You can grow your local player base if you are diligent.
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing most fail to consider.

Sales of older products depends on NEW Players to the game. Population of current gamers may stay steady, but they have the games/products.
Unless people that don't currently play or know about FC, then it is just a stalemate.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly encourage you to do Ranger demonstrations at the game store. You can become a Ranger here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/rangers/index.shtml where you will also find lots of resources.

The three of you could easily form the nucleus of a battle group. You would need to register here: http://www.starfleetgames.com/battlegroup.shtml and people would find out that you exist.

Don't forget to register for Starlist: http://www.starfleetgames.com/starlist.shtml That lets you find out about people near you and there are SFB players who might try FC in return for you trying SFB. Smile Who knows -- you might both like the different games. Smile
joycem137
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool! I may definitely register with that. That sounds great!
joycem137
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolo_MK_XL wrote:
One thing most fail to consider.

Sales of older products depends on NEW Players to the game. Population of current gamers may stay steady, but they have the games/products.
Unless people that don't currently play or know about FC, then it is just a stalemate.

Although the newer games, like X-wing miniatures, seem really popular, I really would love to see more interest in some of these more "meaty" games, like FedCom. Games of FedCom always seem more satisfying to me. Like I have more to do with my victory/loss than the dice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: